lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-25-2019, 07:55 AM   #1
rjwenter
Getting Wild

Question Secondary clutch maintenance question.

Hello folks. I was recently reading that secondary (driven) clutches on carts are generally not maintained. I know I've never done anything to maintain mine. However, I can't find anything on secondary clutch maintenance. I've found many threads on changing the secondary clutch, but none on maintenance. Does anyone know the proper maintenance procedure for a secondary clutch?
rjwenter is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-25-2019, 09:32 AM   #2
BaselessEarth12
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Secondary clutch maintenance question.

I don't think there is an official one... Never done anything to my 24 year old one, and it's spent at least a quarter of those years completely exposed to the elements, yet still works brilliantly with nothing more than WD-40.

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk
BaselessEarth12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2019, 09:35 AM   #3
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

If there's a zirc fitting on it, give it a pump of grease. OTherwise I don't know that there really is much to do to it... replace the ramp buttons if they're worn.
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2019, 11:39 AM   #4
rjwenter
Getting Wild

Thanks for the input - I guess that's why I couldn't find anything. Vegas says something about bigger motors quickly ruining secondary clutches if they haven't been maintained. That's why I was wondering what the maintenance is. Mine seems fine. I'll look for a zerk fitting...probably should have done that before putting the cart back together lol
rjwenter is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO