lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-30-2009, 08:36 AM   #31
Cessna75
Getting Wild

Club Car

Default Re: 87 CC Gasser - New Life to an Old Cart

That brings me pretty much up to speed on my progress. I'll keep posting pictures every other day or so as I make progress in real time from here on out. I did take a little time and washed the exterior of the gas tank with some Dawn and warm water, looks a lot better but not quit what I have pictured. I'm planning on spraying the tank Red Pepper Red with Krylon Fusion paint for Plastic. Anyone have any tips or guidance on the Krylon Fusion or painting the gas tank plastic? I'm sure I'll just have to be careful not to slop gas on it.
Cessna75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-30-2009, 08:41 AM   #32
Cessna75
Getting Wild

Club Car

What a find I got on Craigslist this week! A guy found a 92 Ike flooded cart that he took parts off of to refresh his 89 CC. Some he put on, some he didn't. He sold me his original rear body (just a few bad spots but much better than mine), front cowl, wheel wells, dash board cups, cup holders, and a box full of nuts+bolts+odds and ends. All for under $100. I asked where the frame was and he said he sold it to an aluminum place for $13 for aluminum scrap. Ugh, if only I could have gotten to him a little sooner!!
Old 04-30-2009, 08:45 AM   #33
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

You are doing a great job Having seen what you did with the rear end, you may want to rebuild the front end. There are 16 neoprene bushings and 2 rubber ones....... unless yours is older and has brass bushings? If it's brass there will be zerks in the A arm bushings?
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 08:56 AM   #34
Cessna75
Getting Wild

Club Car

Nope, everything looks to be rubber and neoprene. I started loosening all the nuts and bolts that hold the front end together last night. Once I pop those ball joints, I'll be able to take everything apart and start doing the metal prep/paint. Hopefully soaking them overnight with the liquid wrench will make them easier to smack off this evening.

Is there a kit on one of the sponsors sites that you know of that has all the replacement bushings?
Old 04-30-2009, 09:58 AM   #35
texasranger225
Getting Wild

Club Car

wow, I am very impressed there fellow Texan with your hard work. You are doing a great job. Did you say you are replacing the engine with a different one. I would be interested in your old engine if you would want to part with it. I have two carts that use that engine and it would be nice to have some parts for them. anyway, great job.....keep posting em pics.
texasranger225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 10:55 AM   #36
Cessna75
Getting Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
If it's brass there will be zerks in the A arm bushings?

Scottyb - you have me wondering. Since it's an 87, it may have brass. What did you mean by "zerks" in the A arm bushings?
Old 04-30-2009, 10:59 AM   #37
Cessna75
Getting Wild

Club Car

Thanks Texasranger! I like what you did with the headlights on your cart, looks pretty sweet!

I'm not sure yet what to do with the old KF82. What part of TX are you in?
Old 04-30-2009, 05:05 PM   #38
CC-John
prop. A$$hole's Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cessna75 View Post
John - I did find a broken section of aluminum in the front where it goes up to go around the dashboard. Do you have any tips on welding aluminum? I'm guessing aluminum wire in a MIG is whats needed but i'm not sure.
Wellllll.....

I have the aluminum kit for my Lincoln ProMig 140, all I need is a tank of Argon shielding gas.. You get the gas, and you're welcome to try your hand at welding aluminum..

I ended up taking Ike's frame to a welder in Rosenburg that my dad & I have used for repairs to our aluminum boats.. He also does all the frame repair work for a small local golf course that has a fleet of Club Cars, he knows all the common weak spots in the CC frames.. He fixed all the broken welds and redid several other sketchy looking welds and realigned the dash frame for $200..
CC-John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 05:08 PM   #39
CC-John
prop. A$$hole's Garage

Quote:
For those who haven't seen what my garage usually looks like - I present Liaho Bar and Grill:

(This is an older set of pictures, the fish tank had to go away to make room for the Margarita Machine and the bigscreen tv moved up stairs to make room for a flat screen that took up less room). I'm as obsessed with being a Parrot Head as I am with working on my buggie!

DUDE!!!!

That looks like the kinda place that needs a bunch of golf carts parked in front of!!!!
Old 04-30-2009, 05:18 PM   #40
CC-John
prop. A$$hole's Garage

Quote:
That brings me pretty much up to speed on my progress. I'll keep posting pictures every other day or so as I make progress in real time from here on out. I did take a little time and washed the exterior of the gas tank with some Dawn and warm water, looks a lot better but not quit what I have pictured. I'm planning on spraying the tank Red Pepper Red with Krylon Fusion paint for Plastic. Anyone have any tips or guidance on the Krylon Fusion or painting the gas tank plastic? I'm sure I'll just have to be careful not to slop gas on it.
Cessna,

I wouldn't waste the time to paint the gas tank.. Most of the discoloration is from caused from certain vapor compounds in the fuel that actually permeate thru the polyethelene material the tank is made of.. Any finish applied will peel off from the stuff leaching to the outside of the tank from the fuel within.. Most older poly fuel tanks are so totally saturated with fuel compounds that no amount of cleaning will get anything to stick to them..
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car