lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-27-2020, 03:22 PM   #1
slashpine
Getting Wild

Default switch or solenoid ??

Went to take the cart for a ride and the bats were full dead...after getting them back up I find when the tow/run switch is closed the solenoid clicks and is staying engaged...obviously what cause the bats to drain?

So is it the solenoid or possibly the pedal switch?...I noticed the pedal will lock down floored sometimes...

please advise...
slashpine is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-28-2020, 06:04 AM   #2
rockfordpi
Gone Wild

Default Re: switch or solenoid ??

Quote:
Originally Posted by slashpine View Post
Went to take the cart for a ride and the bats were full dead...after getting them back up I find when the tow/run switch is closed the solenoid clicks and is staying engaged...obviously what cause the bats to drain?

So is it the solenoid or possibly the pedal switch?...I noticed the pedal will lock down floored sometimes...

please advise...
First, what kind of cart?

The solenoid will not engage (click) unless power is applied to it so if Solenoid is clicking, it is getting the signal to close. Need more info about your cart to help you further.
rockfordpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2020, 09:12 AM   #3
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Should require that the key be on and pedal pressed for it to click or an issue in the controller itself. Pedal sticking sounds like an issue in the throttle box. Possible bad micro which would explain some of this.
kgsc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2020, 11:11 AM   #4
slashpine
Getting Wild

Thanks for the replies...sorry I didn't include more info...
97 EZgo 36V DCS all original...

I also should have stated that this is with the key on...if the run/tow switch is closed the solenoid will click when the key is turned to on...(prior to this issue have always left the key on)...

Is the throttle box accessed from the top or from under the cart? can the micro switches be tested?
slashpine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2020, 05:58 PM   #5
handtools
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Quote:
Originally Posted by slashpine View Post
Thanks for the replies...sorry I didn't include more info...
97 EZgo 36V DCS all original...

I also should have stated that this is with the key on...if the run/tow switch is closed the solenoid will click when the key is turned to on...(prior to this issue have always left the key on)...

Is the throttle box accessed from the top or from under the cart? can the micro switches be tested?

You have to pull up the floor mat to access the throttle box and yes the micro switch can be tested with your meter.
handtools is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO