lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > General Discussion > Side x Sides/ATVs/Quads/Bikes/Jeeps/4x4's!
Side x Sides/ATVs/Quads/Bikes/Jeeps/4x4's! Side x Sides, ATVs, Quads, Bikes, Jeeps, 4x4, and everything else.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-04-2021, 11:13 AM   #1
dachefy
Not Yet Wild

Default Warn ProVantage plow/bucket conversion on SxS

Hi all, i'm new here. I'm into carts that go fast and... well... pretty much anything that goes fast.

One recent project of mine is to install the Warn plow kit and bucket conversion on to my Honda Pioneer 700-4 SxS. Because, who doesn't appreciate an offroad vehicle that can also grade a driveway and move a load of crusher run?

I blame it all on the Amazon customer that posted a pic of a Pioneer 700-4 with the bucket attached.

----====----

WARN 85133 ProVantage 60" Bucket Conversion

"I seriously don't know how people end up breaking this thing. I mounted it to a Honda Pioneer 700-4, and it's a beast. I abuse this thing, often putting far more weight into it than the 200 lbs it's rated for. I built some forks for it out of 2x4s, and I've carried gravel, logs, dirt, dug into hillsides, and pushed around fallen trees with it (like, 40 foot tall trees). This thing has handled everything I've thrown at it." - Sincerely, Amazon dude that caused all of this

----====----

Anyway, Warn has been interesting...

The Warn ProVantage plow system seems great from a marketing perspective. Pick a vehicle-specific mount, pick a push bar, pick a plow blade -- done! Easy, right?

First issue was that the Honda/Warn factory winch mount uses the same bottom mounting position as the Warn ProVantage vehicle-specific plow mount kit. This was solved with a new winch mount that instead relied upon the upper bumper mounts, but it's likely not as strong as the factory honda winch mount (mine is the 4500lb Warn winch).

Second issue, the Warn ProVantage SxS plow mount only is "plug and play" with the SxS-specific push bar (WARN 79805 ProVantage Plow Base Side x Side) and 72" plow blade, also SxS-specific (so Warn rep tells me), which doesn't have a bucket conversion kit available and mounts DIFFERENTLY than the other Warn plow blades... So, while great for plowing a driveway, won't be nearly as fun as a bucket loader on Fox shocks.

So, that leaves something like the WARN 92100 ProVantage Front Snow Plow Base/Push Tube Mounting Kit as a good option because it connects to the 60" plow (which Warn hilariously titles is for a SxS, WARN 78960 ProVantage Side x Side Straight Plow Blade - 60"), and also has a bucket conversion kit available.

Now that the push bar and plow blade/bucket issue has been solved, that leaves only that the WARN 92100 push bar won't connect to the Pioneer 700-4 plow mount from Warn... which they also call, ProVantage...

At this point, as I see it, my options are cut and weld the Warn plow mount to fit the Warn push bar, or find another mount for the pioneer 700-4 that will fit the push bar. "Mounting tabs" also come into play here (usually available with the vehicle specific plow mount kit from Warn) and Warn sells some replacement/service item tabs that I may be able to retrofit/weld/space out to make it all work.

Anyone have any ideas for this buggie thats gone wild?
dachefy is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Tags
sxs, utv, warn
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > General Discussion > Side x Sides/ATVs/Quads/Bikes/Jeeps/4x4's!