lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > On Road Golf Carts!
On Road Golf Carts! Low to the ground Golf Carts!

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-26-2021, 03:39 PM   #11
mrmachinist
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: How to gain wheel clearance cv precedent.

I didn’t get any notifications that there were replies to this thread.

Smaller tires would definitely fix it but I really don’t want to spend any more money on that and my wife’s loves them….. so there’s that.

This cart was “built” at a reputable shop a few towns over but after seeing the wiring and how they did the suspension I’m not sure how reputable I’d call them.

The spacer is an aluminum piece not wood. I could make a thicker one but unless I got up a couple inches I don’t think I’m going to gain anything. A proper lift would be better than a big spacer.

I found a wheelbase extender kit for a ds but not for a precedent. The plate moves the whole bottom end of the suspension an inch foreword and you flip the upper a arms to move the top end foreword as well. The precedent already has the a arms foreword so without making new arms, which really wouldn’t be too hard, that kit is a no go.

Yesterday I spent some time with a small propane torch and a hammer to re shape the plastic that was rubbing pretty hard on the passenger side. It’s a channel for wires to pass on the passenger side. I was able to change the shape enough to clear. Didn’t take much. Now I’m hitting frame on both sides.

I was hoping someone knew of a wheelbase extension kit for this cart but it looks like I’ll be fabbing something myself. I have a lifted Range Rover so I’m used to that situation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
mrmachinist is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-30-2021, 02:21 PM   #12
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

On the Precedent the entire front suspension is held to the frame by 4 bolts. So it's possible maybe with some slight modifications, to unbolt it, drill new holes in the frame slight further forward, then move the whole assembly forward.

I think the only thing that would really need to be added to would be the coupler joint for the steering shaft. There is some adjustment in the center section of the shaft, so it may be able to reach, but if not it wouldn't be too difficult to weld in a section of pipe to extend it and inch or so.

Another thing that might need some modification is the mounting for the front bumper if the suspension tower might be in the way of the bumper brackets after being moved forward.
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2021, 06:10 PM   #13
StoveBolt
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cartmaster View Post
Ok, Im thousands of miles away, so dare i say that picture you posted recently you look a bit like a !!!!
A Bloody Bloke?
StoveBolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > On Road Golf Carts!