lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-24-2010, 05:02 PM   #1
Yammer
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Forward is slow, reverse is fast. How do I fix?

Ok, I FINALLY got my cart connected properly and all functions working as they should, except for one. When I took it for its first spin, the new high torque high speed motor was slow going forward and very fast in reverse. Should be just the opposite.

It moved in the correct direction, when I had it in forward it moved forward, when in reverse backwards, but how do I fix this so that it runs properly?

It's a 2005 TXT series with the fnr under the seat, not a switch on the dash.

Thanks,
Yammer
Yammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-25-2010, 07:47 PM   #2
mdevere808
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Forward is slow, reverse is fast. How do I fix?

Hey Yammer:
I'm just a newbie here so I wont try to insult others that have the ast knowledge here. Although I am an electrician the only things that I could think of is 1. you have a FNR switch like mine I assume, with just micro switches and not a true FNR that reverses the motor Fields...are the two connectors reversed? ....2. you didnt take the rear end out at any point and put it in backwards did you?
mdevere808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 09:18 PM   #3
Yammer
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Forward is slow, reverse is fast. How do I fix?

Thanks for the reply. I didn't switch any of the microswitches on the fnr. The controller has an orange wire that is designated at the 1/2 throttle and is connected to the microswitch that is supposed to be the reverse switch, it also has a jumper running to the reverse beeper. Crazy thing is that it slowed the forward down and not the reverse. I just pulled it off now I have fast speed both ways.

I need to find the fix though, I'd rather have it setup properly.
Yammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO