lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-23-2014, 01:48 PM   #21
Yamadoo
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: g9 keeps running

Quote:
Originally Posted by motojoe1988 View Post
Maybe you have an accessory grounded to the frame. Or a splice somewhere on a wire.
Thanks, but the only accessory is the lights which are on their own fused harness and wired direct to the battery.
Yamadoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-08-2017, 12:19 PM   #22
brickwahl84
Not Yet Wild

I know this is an old thread, but I am having the same exact problem.

The starter/generator would keep cranking, and I had to disconnect the battery for it to stop. Hook the battery back up it would not crank until I pushed the pedal, but then would continue to crank until I unhook the battery again.

So I changed the regulator as suggested above, and now it blows the fuse when I hit the pedal to start it.

If I put the old regulator back in, it will keep cranking as before.

The solenoid and the pedal switch check out good.

Anyone know what is the cause/fix for this?

Thanks!!
brickwahl84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2017, 12:51 PM   #23
Spicyunicorn
Gone Wild
Yamaha

If you bought a cheap regulator it could be the problem even though it's new been a couple of occasions on here people have had some issues with new non oem parts it would be best if you could find known good regulator and try it to see if it fixes the issue
Spicyunicorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2017, 01:38 PM   #24
ironmonkey17
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

I had this issue in my G9 for about 2 months or so, turned out to be my stop/start switch, the switch worked when I did the continuity test.., but I was testing another switch on my G2 I noticed it was also showing 4 ohms on the meter (G9 showed 0 ohms), so I switched them out and viola...
ironmonkey17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2017, 03:38 PM   #25
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Mine did this exact same thing except I had just reconnected the Reverse switch. Disconnected that and it shut off. Plot thickens. I then found out my VR was not working so started chasing wires. Ground wire to the VR was bad. Fixed that, VR started working and the reconnected Reverse switch no longer caused a run-on.. Apparently the solenoid was getting a connection back through the reverse buzzer and remained closed once it had initially started..
kgsc is online now   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha