lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-11-2010, 10:47 AM   #21
DOOmsman
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: A Few Carb questions for you guys..

, even the shorter ones that I swapped out had a normal color on the contact from dark inside the cup to little white at the pole.

A short plug shrouded in the head and white on the tip.
It has to be lean from starved fuel or air leak
just thinnin.
DOOmsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-11-2010, 11:09 AM   #22
Garywv
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Thanks DOOMsman,
but do you know the correct plug to run in the older 93 model 295 ?
I took out NGK BP4HS plugs , then from what I found in the books could be either NGK BCPR5 ES Plugs or BCP4s ,,
And from what I can see after checking the engine out the only parts that have been taken off or replaced has been the carb. the head bolts do not have a scratch on them , the exhaust has never been off which I would hate to have to get into that because of the rust that is on the exhaust manifold if I need to re-build..
I did find a new aftermarket carb on a auction site that has a carb for the 295 and he has a jet upgrade for power ( he called it), sounds like just a larger jet , but I might just order a new carb and see what happens , but I do want to check out the coils first and also it is christmas time so money is so short I might have to sell a gun to get rebuild parts fot the cart ,unless I wait a month or so to order parts , but if I had the money I would go ahead and just pull the engine and do it over top to bottom and take my time doing it.
Gary
Garywv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 05:12 PM   #23
Garywv
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

OK well I found a aftermarket carb and just finished setting it up. BIG difference in running now,, I am having to tighten my linkages now so the idel RPMs get down a bit , had a little slop in the linkages but now it runs like a motor that is getting fuel should run.. Still need to take it on a long run to check overheating BUT it sure sounds and runs better on the lower end now with proper fuel it sounds like..THanks for all the info I am getting here guys..

Gary
Old 12-17-2010, 02:55 PM   #24
Garywv
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

OK I installed the new carb, also I did not order the one with the bigger jets just the stock one,
I have the idle screw all of the way out and the motor idle speed still seems a little high, it is wanting to engage the clutch when at idle and when I back out the mixture screw it speeds up and if I tighten the mixture screw in in it get too hard to start.. Where is a good starting point for the carb mixture screw? I do have to tighten some of the linkages from the carb to the rear because of a little too much slop in them I think.. But it seems like I cant get a slow idle like I had with the original carb now? If I go to slow it seems to pop like it is getting too lean then when I back it out it speeds up too fast ,, Need to find a happy medium for the idles screw and I could not find a manual for carb adjusting in all of the manuals on here either , I must be missing it or something. I can find all of the other manuals just not one for carb adjustment..
Any Ideas anyone?
Gary
Old 12-18-2010, 09:30 AM   #25
crash12888
Gone Crazy

Set the low speed screw at 1 1/2 turns out for starters.
What you describe is the throttle not returning completely when you release the pedal.
First thing to do is remove the linkage/rod from the throttle arm on the carb,
Back the throttle arm stop screw out until the throttle closes 100% then screw in until it just touches the throttle lever.
This is where the throttle should return to after you hook up the throttle linkage when you let off the gas pedal.
You also want the starting micro switch to energize the starter just before the throttle starts to open.
Hope this helps.
crash12888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 05:01 PM   #26
Garywv
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

OK Guys , I can now say that it definately was in the carb , I wenth through all of the linkages , some are still a little wobbly , but it is a 93 so has some years on it , but the new carb after a few days of just setting and re-setting I just hopped on it , it fired up without even a pull of the choke , idles fine , ran for 2-3 miles varied speed and full speed for the last mile and top end according to my GPS on the phone is about 12, but everything is running great thaks to all of you here for the help .
Gary
Old 12-20-2010, 05:12 PM   #27
Garywv
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Oh and Forgot something very important.....Now that it running ,,,,TIME TO LIFT IT <<<TRICK IT <<<<<<AND USE IT>>>>
Getting ready for a camo wrap or cloth not sure which .....
Gary
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO