lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-14-2010, 11:10 PM   #1
tazassape
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Default 2008 ST Sport II

I am looking for and finding all sorts of confusing information on this cart. According to the seriel # it is a "2008 Gas ST Sport II". I have looked everywhere I know of so far and cannot find one with the Suburu engine. The owner tells me it has a "ST Sport II Powered by Suburu" sticker on it. He also tell me it is a 13.5 hp engine. This also has a dump bed on the back of it. I read somewhere that TSC sold some carts. Is this one of them? If any body can shed some light on the subject it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Last edited by tazassape; 12-15-2010 at 03:06 AM.. Reason: clarify engine size
tazassape is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-15-2010, 12:30 AM   #2
tazassape
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2008 ST Sport II

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesmotortoys View Post
The ST Sport II is a non-lifted dump bed cart.
Well I found out a little more about it. Still curious about the suburu engine though. 13hp or 11hp. Kaw or Suburu? Doesn't make much of a difference to me unless there is a big difference in performance. Here is the seriel # if it helps. 2618553
Old 12-15-2010, 12:37 AM   #3
BLACK DEATH
Gone Wild

Club Car

probably posting a pic would be better
BLACK DEATH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 01:00 AM   #4
tazassape
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

This is all I have. I am thinking of a purchase.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 3me3od3l85O15X15R6ac7fe59e3a3128b1fab.jpg (9.8 KB, 25 views)
Old 12-15-2010, 11:10 PM   #5
tazassape
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

No opinions, no first hand knowledge? I'm driving 2 hours one way to check it out (with the trailer of course). I have contacted the manufacturer but of course no response yet. Just thought I would find somethig out here.
Old 12-16-2010, 08:39 AM   #6
essness
Not your usual outlaw

Yamaha

Taz, I dont know much about this specific cart but I know you cant go wrong with the Ez-go from a parts standpoint. Either engine will take care of ya. I dont know much about the Kaw. although I'm pretty sure the 13hp is a Kaw. and the 11 of course is a Suburu.
I'm also sure that TSC did'nt seel these. The ones they sold were or sell are typically a Chinese rendition.
essness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 12:12 PM   #7
tazassape
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Thanks man. I decided to go ahead and get it. My boy is about to drive me crazy for a gas cart (I'm kinda pumped too) and Moma is tired of cleaning her CC. Ye, I think either way I can't go wrong. I'll let ya'll know how it turns out.
Old 12-16-2010, 01:23 PM   #8
mjf1604
Not Yet Wild

if its a 2cyl engine then it is the 350cc Subaru Robin 11hp, if its a single cylinder its the 400cc kawaskai.

I dont know much about the latter, but the Subaru is a good unit, if a little hard to work on:

i.e. the sump is not removable, so to work on the crank etc you must remove the engine from the cart, and access the crank from the side after removing the fan, as opposed to just removing the sump as you would on most engines.

Generally, the Subaru engine is good, but this is just one of many examples when you'll find yourself removing a bunch of parts to get to the problem area which you need to work on...

Cant say much about the Kawasaki, never worked on one. It is a more modern motor however, and their engines are usually very good - also used in club car and their own mule 610. so must be good
hope this helps
mjf1604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 10:35 PM   #9
tazassape
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Got home with it last night. Impressed. One of my neighbors came over and thought I had gotten a Mule. He had no idea it was a golf cart. I was reading through the owners manual and came accross this statement. ENGINE 11 hp (8.2 kW) rated, 4 cycle, 350cc twin cylinder air cooled I thought the subaru was a 2 stroke. There is no tank for oil on the cart. No mixture rates in the manual. Am I missing something here? Kinda sh*tty day here couldn't do much ouside. Tomorrow I will go over the cart and see what I can learn and maybe take a picture or two. If someone can clear up the engine questions please do.
Old 12-17-2010, 10:38 PM   #10
BLACK DEATH
Gone Wild

Club Car

it says 4 cycle, no mixing
BLACK DEATH is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO