lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-01-2011, 05:48 PM   #21
CHONCH
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Lifted Cart Swaying

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooter B View Post
Tough to say, my 08 PDS is the exact same way, 6" lift, HD rear springs, 22x11x10 Sahara's. Rides like a dream with one or two people all the way up to 21 MPH, no issues, add the 3rd and 4th rider in back and she's all over the place with anything above 3/4 speed. I think it could be that the front end is just too light at that point and every little bump causes less road contact.

I have good shocks, good pressure, toe in correct, new almost everything...I think that's just the nature of the beast with too much weight on it. I just slow it down when I have rear passengers We're usually just crusing around throwing back a few at that point. (I rarely have rear passengers, so it's not that big of a deal to me.)
I am starting to think the same. Although never heard anyone else complain.
CHONCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-02-2011, 10:56 AM   #22
tplasek
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

I had the same problem with my 01. Racin161 already brought this up, but what is your caster angle as it sits now? Mine was 3" negative after I installed the lift, the top of the steering knuckle was more forward then the bottom. I changed that to 6 degrees positive and all my problems went away. I used a Home Depot magnetic angle finder to measure the angle, but if the bolt that holds you steering knuckle on is close vertical and not rotated top towards the rear a few degrees, it will drive like that.

As an FYI..When my cart had negative caster, if you made a turn and then let go of the steering wheel, it would not return to center. After I made the adjustment, if I let go of the steering wheel during a turn, the cart now straightens back up and the wheel returns to center.
tplasek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 01:07 PM   #23
CHONCH
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by tplasek View Post
I had the same problem with my 01. Racin161 already brought this up, but what is your caster angle as it sits now? Mine was 3" negative after I installed the lift, the top of the steering knuckle was more forward then the bottom. I changed that to 6 degrees positive and all my problems went away. I used a Home Depot magnetic angle finder to measure the angle, but if the bolt that holds you steering knuckle on is close vertical and not rotated top towards the rear a few degrees, it will drive like that.

As an FYI..When my cart had negative caster, if you made a turn and then let go of the steering wheel, it would not return to center. After I made the adjustment, if I let go of the steering wheel during a turn, the cart now straightens back up and the wheel returns to center.
Now that is something I have not looked at. I will check that out. I have the same issue if I turn it stays turned. Thank you
Old 09-02-2011, 01:41 PM   #24
tplasek
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

If you find your caster angle is off, there are a selection of different shims that can correct up to 6 degrees from where it sits now. You install these between the leaf spring perches on the axle and the leaf spring. As I recall, they were about $20. A 6 degree shim would not have worked in my case as it would only change my caster from a negative three degrees to a positive 3. I knew I wanted a little more. Having a welder at the house, I cut off the leaf spring brackets from the front axle and re-welded them back on in a position that made 6 degrees of positive caster with two people sitting on the front seat. This may be a tad more then what people recommend, but as you have found out, when you put people on the rear, the front lifts and decreases the caster by a couple of degrees and makes a slight change in the tow.
Old 09-03-2011, 01:46 PM   #25
CHONCH
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Thanks for the info do you know where I can find these shims?
Old 09-03-2011, 04:36 PM   #26
tplasek
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

You don't have to buy them from here, but this is what you are looking for. If I recall correctly, you need to make sure the shims are 2in wide to match the width of the EZGO leaf springs, Then you just buy the degree you need. A quick Google search found shims up to 8 degrees.

http://www.summitracing.com/search/B.../?autoview=SKU
Old 09-03-2011, 05:17 PM   #27
CHONCH
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Thank you again!
Old 09-03-2011, 07:03 PM   #28
tplasek
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

I don't know if this will help, but here is a link to my thread from earlier this year when I was having the same problem.

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/gas-e...-2001-txt.html
Old 09-04-2011, 03:16 PM   #29
CHONCH
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Thanks again that has to be the issue it is 4 degrees to the front of the cart. Going to order the shims.
Old 09-06-2011, 10:08 AM   #30
CHONCH
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

So the biggest shim I can find that are 2" wide are 6 degrees. All of the 8 degree shims are 2.5" wide. Will 6 degrees be enough to correct my issue if right now it is -4 degrees?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO