lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-08-2011, 03:49 PM   #11
LURCH
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: Governor adjustment question

I tried the Zip tie today, we have some very steep hills here and the cart didnt seem to pull as good does that make since.
LURCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-08-2011, 04:03 PM   #12
hanly2
Getting Wild

I also did the zip-tie it should not affect the torq of your cart at low rpm's. Here is what I did I first zip-tied the entire fat part of the spring and the cart was hitting 20mph and then the gov. or rev limiter, (not sure which one) would kick in. So I cut that tie and re did it this time I left 1 ring untied. Now the cart does 19-20 without the limiter kicking in. This is plenty fast for me, so I should be set right?
hanly2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 10:55 PM   #13
rose88
Gone Wild

Club Car

Zip tie, 23" tires, clutch machined, torque spring. 28 mph and the rev limiter was like the switch got turned off and back on. Gues I will play with that next?
rose88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 08:01 AM   #14
PIB-My-Ride
Getting Wild

Club Car

My cart, with healthy clutches, stock tires and a zipped governor goes about 20 mph at 4,000 rpm. The rev limiter kicks in above that, which acts and feels a LOT different than a governor:

The gov cuts the spark, abrubtly killing power and coasting the cart before allowing the spark to return.

The governor backs off the throttle, so the engine never shuts off - it just acts as if you let up on the accelerator, and it usually does so quite smoothly.

You might want to invest in a tach at this point, but if you're hitting 19-20 and not hitting the limiter, you've done pretty well imo.
PIB-My-Ride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 12:52 PM   #15
hanly2
Getting Wild

PIB you lost me on that one? Which one of those descriptions was supposed to say rev limiter?
hanly2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 01:12 PM   #16
PIB-My-Ride
Getting Wild

Club Car

DOH! Serves me right for trying to "clear things up".

The REV LIMITER cuts the spark, abrubtly killing power and coasting the cart before allowing the spark to return.
Old 06-09-2011, 03:54 PM   #17
LURCH
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Done the Zip tie again today And paced with a car. I got 18 to 20 on flat to slight incline and about 8 to 10 mph on a middle grade hill. So I guess I'm satisfied with what I ended up with.
LURCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 03:58 PM   #18
PIB-My-Ride
Getting Wild

Club Car

Lurch, I'll try to measure my uphill speeds soon, but I bet my results will be similar.
Old 06-09-2011, 09:23 PM   #19
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

Sometimes it seems to lose power because you will go the same speed up a hill where the governor let it go WOT before, but after modding it you go faster on the flats then slow down to that same speed up the hill as you did before.....because that is all 9hp gets you.

Right you can tighten up the cable/rod but have to stop if you can't idle the cart, meaning press the pedal and it starts/runs but does not move the cart. You have then used up all the throttle cable travel against the governor....and have to mod the spring to get more speed. All that will trash the throttle cable faster due to pressure on it I've replaced a few of them, that is why people disable them.

I was told the CC carryall I sped up is still really slow guess I have to mod it some more. But it only has 18 or 20 tires on it with no lift....so its not going to go very fast. I'll try to gps it if I remember to take with me.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 05:22 PM   #20
ckiguy
Bad *** Speller!

Club Car

han i have tried the zip tie on the spring thing and i ahve tried the zip ting the road governor option to. heres what i like . i have 2 zipties to make a big loop around the governor arm to the trans shifter cable. it fits on there snuggly, i have it adjusted to the point i c an slip it on and off if i need stock mode or turbo mode! on a carryall will a old torque belt, 22 tires, im clocking 23 to 24 on a gps. i have it adjusted to run before the rev limiter hits. no tach .
im pretty sure if i were to buy a new belt, i might get a little more speed out of it. but with no roof, no seat belts, plus a dog in the bed, im happy at this speed.
ckiguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car