lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-06-2011, 06:39 AM   #1
rocko
Gone Wild

Default Workhorse st 350 spindle lift

I have a Workhorse ST 350 Kawaski with the steering box on the floor , I want to put the 6" spindle lift on it ------------------- what do you guys think is the best kit to use -------------the cart is much higher in the rear already so I was wanting to put say 4" s in the rear so that the cart will sit level and not be in a nose dive
rocko is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-06-2011, 07:47 AM   #2
LostHusker
Just one day at a time

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Workhorse st 350 spindle lift

I would look into a Jake's spindle lift if your are looking at one.
LostHusker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 08:06 PM   #3
rocko
Gone Wild

I did talk with Jake's lift kits today and they were not very knowledgable on what I am trying to do and the least amount of help , I did learn alot from some different sources , how much is true who knows --------------- I have a 1994.5-2001 Workhorse with factory lift kit and I am told will not work with the drop down spindles because the steering bar tie rod ends won't line up with the spindle's hole for them -------------but I am told that it can be done with some fabrication and welding , the spindles from Jake's are ductile steel which they say you can't weld on , but I have seen many ductile booms on heavy equipment welding and it lasted --------------------------seen many carts last weekend with both the drop axle and drop spindles at the same time , but never paid attention to the tie rod end connections and if the spindles were forged , fabricated or cast ---------------attaching a pic of my cart front end
Attached Images
File Type: jpg workhorse 350 ST.jpg (189.1 KB, 9 views)

Last edited by rocko; 07-06-2011 at 08:07 PM.. Reason: adding pic
Old 07-06-2011, 08:15 PM   #4
LostHusker
Just one day at a time

E-Z-GO

Well you have two opitons, either buy a straight axle for your cart which you may be able to find a used one here from someone and then install the spindles, or if you are comfortable with fabricating, you can make it work the way it is now. The main issue with the second option is you will need to raise the rear end some more to match the front.
Old 07-06-2011, 08:30 PM   #5
rocko
Gone Wild

So what you think I get a straight axle and loose maybe 3inches of height and then add the drop spindles and gain 6 back making it a 3 inch gain , that might be ok if I don't come up with a plan to go with the 6 , --------I think I am a pretty good fabricator and welder , but not real sure what I would have to do , figure the ear of the spindle where the tie rod end bolts will have to have a tower of some kind made to raise it up quite a bit or the ear cut off refab'ed out of another piece of material and welded back on
Attached Images
File Type: jpg workhorse 350 003.jpg (178.9 KB, 2 views)
Old 07-06-2011, 08:39 PM   #6
LostHusker
Just one day at a time

E-Z-GO

Hey rocko, look here, one of the members here (Chevy) did a similar lift like you are thinking, take a look.

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/membe...go-txt-15.html
Old 07-07-2011, 08:21 AM   #7
rocko
Gone Wild

That is a nice looking lift , looks all custom aluminum ---------------
Old 07-08-2011, 12:05 PM   #8
LostHusker
Just one day at a time

E-Z-GO

Chevy has an axle lift like you, but installed a spindle lift with it as well. You would need to make some risers for your tie rods, but should not be too difficult. When you do the lift in the front, you will need to raise the rear of the golf cart as well to make it match.
Old 07-11-2011, 10:31 PM   #9
rocko
Gone Wild

I started putting on a Jake's Leveling Kit , had to drill the spindles to accept the 12mm bolt for the new tie rod ends which isn''t mentioned in the instructions , wondering if the tie rod spacers are enough to work on the drop spindles , nothing is tightened down in the pic just bolted up , I peeled the Jake sticker off the chromed plate and flipped it upside down to see how it looked , think it is better than right side up , probally won't use it as I have a reciever hitch bracket that can not handle much but comes in usefull sometimes , thought of beefing up the hitch bracket while it is off ---------------- if I use the shock extensions supplied in kit I think it will be best to put them on the top where you don't see them but going to try and find some shocks the right length so no extensions will be needed , any one beem down that road before
Attached Images
File Type: jpg jake's leveling kit 001.jpg (210.2 KB, 7 views)
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO