lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-11-2011, 10:43 AM   #1
murf
Not Yet Wild

Mixed Breed

Default 1990 Marathon

Hi all to start off I am a new guy here and this is my first post, I have a question with my cart as I received this as a wedding gift and the farmer that had it melted some wires and now I am having problems finding what gos where, Im not sure what really happened to it but there is no evidence of fire just assuming the wires got hot under muffler, I have been looking through the threads and came across a wiring diaragram but I just can't make heads or tails of it,, the only wires I have any problem with are silanoid and ignition, with the silanoid there is a post with no wire, looking straight at it the outer large wires are corect but the two inner posts not sure, the small post to left has two wires one goes to gas peddle switch and other goes back towards the V-regulator, the small post to right has no wire and not sure what would go there,,,,
sorry for the dumb question as someone will surely know right away, its been awhile since I have worked on one,
murf is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-11-2011, 01:32 PM   #2
BrewCityMusic
Hammer Down !!!!

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 1990 Marathon

Here's a basic diagram for the 2-stroke 87-90, hopefully it should help you out:

BrewCityMusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 02:02 PM   #3
murf
Not Yet Wild

Mixed Breed

Thanks this diagram is a little more easier for me to make out,, I did get it to run today but bairly I know once I get the right wire hooked up in right order it will run good,,
Thanks,, Jay.. {Murf}
Old 07-11-2011, 05:27 PM   #4
murf
Not Yet Wild

Mixed Breed

Thanks BrewCityMusic,, that diagram really helped me out and got it wired he correct way now and have no wires overheating, now just have to replace the solenoid I have to jump it to get it to turn over,
I got it to run twice but ran rough think it all needs a good cleaning and going over no idea how long it sat before my Nephews got it and they had it for almost a year, as soon as they heard I was getting married they went looking for one and found this one, gotta love they two,, lol,,
Old 07-12-2011, 08:38 AM   #5
BrewCityMusic
Hammer Down !!!!

E-Z-GO

Glad to hear there's progress - make sure you get an actual Golf Cart solenoid, BTW (they look identical to an automotive style but the carts use a "constant-on" style similar to a snowplow setup) ...

Once you get to where she'll turn with spark, etc consistantly, either PM or post and we'll lead you through the "usual suspect" list of preparing an older cart for use again, there are several common problem spots that are easy to fix, should cost you about 2 hours but will make sure you are running right and will stay that way!
BrewCityMusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 03:30 PM   #6
ScooterMcTavish
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrewCityMusic View Post
there are several common problem spots that are easy to fix, should cost you about 2 hours but will make sure you are running right and will stay that way!
Where I have heard that before? Like crank seals only add a few hours to a rebuild?

(backs away from the computer)

Hey, 150th post - I've officially GONE WILD!

Last edited by ScooterMcTavish; 07-12-2011 at 03:31 PM.. Reason: I've GONE WILD!
ScooterMcTavish is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO