lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-19-2011, 01:35 PM   #1
VHT
Not Yet Wild

Default Still have the jerking problem

I can screw the adjuster nut on gov in or out with no noticeable effect, when I push acc pedal the eng starts before the linkage starts pulling carb open. Top spd is good, you couldn't ask for it to run any better. If there is something on the acc linkage I'm missing somebody please post a pic or if anyone has any suggestions I'm open to anything. It's impossible to cruise along at a slower spd right now without it jerking your head off.
VHT is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-19-2011, 04:21 PM   #2
worqhors
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Still have the jerking problem

Faulty ignitor could be one cause.
worqhors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 09:02 PM   #3
ez go go
Doin' the Wild Thang

E-Z-GO

Sounds like you need ot adjust the linkage on the carb. butterfly to open a little later under acceleration. Just my two cents.
ez go go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 09:39 PM   #4
Thatguy1963
Not Yet Wild

Make sure the butterfly is closing all the way when the pedal is released. The lever on the carb may be bent a bit.
Thatguy1963 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 08:23 AM   #5
popatop
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Hi VHT, Try adjusting the idle screw a little at a time while riding it at a slow speed, it's a pain to go a little and get off and adjust a few times, but it worked on mine after I adjusted linkage and gov. And like Thatguy said Make sure the butterfly is closing all the way when the pedal is released, they can be a pain in the rear to get them just the way you want them.
popatop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 08:28 AM   #6
VHT
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for the replies, I'll give that a try. The carb is new.
Old 09-20-2011, 07:36 PM   #7
VHT
Not Yet Wild

Throttle blade closing all the way, and the carb linkage doesn't move until the gas peddle is 2/3 of the way down. With it on stands I can barely push peddle and eng starts, rear wheels start turning and with a little more peddle it goes wide open. Shouldn't the carb linkage start to open sooner? This thing is driving me crazy. I know my discription isn't to good so if you have something in particular you want me to ck let me know. This cart acted the same way with the old carb. When it went shot I was hoping the new one would cure this problem to but no such luck.
Old 09-21-2011, 07:20 AM   #8
popatop
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I would start the motor and with the gas pedal where it starts adjust the idle screw to where it will idle,with just a little gas, even though the carb is new the idle screw may have got turned up or out of adjustment, just my thoughts, if that don't work unhook the throttle cable and see what it does just using the throttle on the carb. Good Luck
popatop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 05:54 PM   #9
VHT
Not Yet Wild

Popatop, I tried this tonight and here's what I come up with. Lightly pushing on the peddle, maybe 1/4 in down the motor starts running. If you hold it there it will go on and rev up, no idle. This is warmed up, on stands, and with the mixture screw adjusted all the way in or or 3 turns out. The peddle is 2/3's of the way down before the carb linkage starts to move. With this thing jacked up you can't just give it alittle gas where the rear tires are barely turn or idle along so to speak it's wide open or nothing it seems to me. This is the same way it acted with the old carb. Thanks for all the help, I'm going to keep fooling with this thing until I can understand what's going on.
Old 09-21-2011, 06:41 PM   #10
stretchman
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Not sure what yr your cart is, but un-hook the throttle cable (04 and newer) or linkage (03 and older) from the carb butterfly lever. Start it and see if it idles, if it doesnt idle then the adjusting screw must be turned "in" to much. Back the adjust screw out until the screw is not touching the lever, then turn screw till it just touches the lever and go 1/2 turn more, that should be close. You just dont want the butterfly itself, to be the stop inside the carb. After thats done, then hook up the cable/linkage (it should NOT move the lever from idle position!!!). When you depress the throttle pedal it will start, but it should not be opening the throttle, adjust cables so it just opens after the engine turns over, and still gets full throttle.
stretchman is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO