lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-02-2012, 12:57 PM   #1
hillcountrymac
Not Yet Wild

Default Solenoid clicking but no start

Once again I need the help of all you great EZGO minds.I have an 86 Robin Marathon,Here's the jist so far:.I use it all the time, the other night I backed it up to pick up some things ,when I went to go forward ,nothing. Solenoid was clicking but no start. changed out the solenoid,still clicking but wouldn't engage the starter.I took the starter and had it rebuilt,it is the original, the guy said it was good but brushes were worn and something on it was egg shaped and needed attention,so rebuilt starter generator,put it on and same thing.Clicking but no engage.I should have asked sooner but what do ya'll think? Any help is appreciated, I can't figure it out.
hillcountrymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-02-2012, 03:05 PM   #2
1fast67
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I would start by checking all the grounds. Take them off and grind/scrape all paint rust ect.. down to bare metal then check for broken wires and bad or corroded connectors. These older marathons are notorious for bad grounds. After you've that report back and we can go from there.

Sent from my LG-P999 using Tapatalk 2
1fast67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 05:51 PM   #3
pachanga90
I Refuse To Get Stuck!!!

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Solenoid clicking but no start

Try wiggling the Forward/Reverse Switch.Sometimes the contacts get burnt and they don't contact each other properly.You can take it apart and file the buttons a little(I take them on the side of the grinder-wheel).This complaint is common,Mine would act up in reverse alot,and rocking the lever usually got it going.Hope this helps.
pachanga90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 06:37 PM   #4
hillcountrymac
Not Yet Wild

Going to try all the grounds,just might be a while.Been busy with building a new garage,which I guess is a good problem to have.Having to pretty up the wifes' "craft room" it's a pain but adding the room got the garage built so who say's only women use reverse psychology?Thanks for the suggestions I'll be getting back with ya'll.
Old 11-03-2012, 07:44 AM   #5
worqhors
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Check your microswitch. It's inside the F/R assembly. Possible faulty or loose connection.
worqhors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 08:04 AM   #6
pachanga90
I Refuse To Get Stuck!!!

E-Z-GO

The micro-switch mounted on the pedal-linkage under the seat on the driver-side is the one for the start-solenoid.But if you here it clicking,My bet is the F/R switch-contacts.
pachanga90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 06:30 AM   #7
racin161
Gone Wild

Right On 90

LOU
racin161 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 10:45 AM   #8
hillcountrymac
Not Yet Wild

Checked main grounds(not it)I'm going to take apart the F/R next when I get time.Also going to take the battery to O'Reilly to be checked.
Old 11-07-2012, 11:45 AM   #9
hillcountrymac
Not Yet Wild

Big screw up.I had checked the battery,12.93 volts.Checked it several times during the process,but figured I'd pull it and take it to O'Reilly's and let them check it on the machine and be sure.Sure enough it said the battery was toast under a load.Got a battery and I'm back on the road.Hope this helps someone out there who's as dumb as me.Only good thing is the starter /generator is rebuilt and they said it was amazing it had been working.So winter time I should be good.Thanks for all the help.
Mac
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO