lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-01-2013, 07:25 PM   #11
Dave Box
Respect the Cart

E-Z-GO

Default Re: out of options.....What Now!!

****** I love skeet! I used to shoot every week and eventually could regularly shoot in the 22 - 24 range. I bought my baby girl a 20 gauge so she could shoot with me but once she tried my 12 gauge BSA it was lost forever so I had to buy myself a Benelli. Happy days.

A new solenoid is not going to hurt you but if you got a real good short across the BIG terminals of the solenoid and nothing happened then your problem lies elsewhere. It is always hard to diagnose by remote control but everything points to high current (maybe the FNR switch). If all else fails and you feel like a trip to southern Virginia you can drag it up here and I will see what I can do for it.

Dave
Dave Box is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-01-2013, 11:07 PM   #12
Dmontgomery
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Ha I live 5 mins from the VA border im in Lowgap NC, you ever heard of Cana VA or Lambsburg VA? I love shooting skeet myself, and I just picked up a Benelli Nova on a trade its a sweet shooting gun. I let my 12 year old shoot it. My favorite gun is my trusty old Remington 870. I must confess about shorting the solenoid I just turned the key on held a old battery cable in place and pressed the gas....I will try jacking it up and jumping the wire again tomorrow.
Dmontgomery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 11:15 PM   #13
Dmontgomery
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

If im not mistaken ive got some uh.....home made beverage. ...;) from up that way Franklin county right?
Old 02-02-2013, 07:35 AM   #14
Dave Box
Respect the Cart

E-Z-GO

You should jack up the rear for safety in case it runs away with you however for the purposes of testing the high current there should be no need to turn on the key or press the throttle. Short out those two BIG terminals and the engine should crank right away.It won't start because the ignition is powered from the gas pedal.

My 20 gauge is a Remington 870 and it's a nice solid workman's gun. The BSA is British (my heritage ) and in England is called a double barrel but I think here is known as a side by side. I should be more loyal to the BSA but I have to say that the Benelli is just a fantastic piece of engineering and is by far my favorite.

Franklin County my slice of heaven and the moonshine capital of the world. Things got tough after the big raid of 1995, to fill the gap all the old farmers got out their bathtubs, car radiators and judging by the taste a few commodes as well. Eventually the old boys got out of jail and got back into business. Now some of the finest sippin' liquor comes in mason jars. Such is life in Franklin.

Anyway back to the cart. It is only nuts and bolts and volts and amps. We can fix this and the offer still stands, if all else fails drag it up here to Franklin.

Dave
Dave Box is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 03:02 PM   #15
Dmontgomery
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Ok I jacked it up and charged the battery again, the key was left on. Now the solenoid is working and the engine is turning over and starting like its supposed too. I have a new solenoid on the way. gonna eliminate that possibility! I have a new K&N on the way. I was waiting to decide on what battery to buy when I made up my mind what filter I was going to use. Going with the k&n I can get a larger battery so im gonna do that too!
When the cart is jacked u p the engine still bogs when I rev it up. I have just recently put a 4in lift on it and the air tube to carb, is smooshed over half way closed. I think that's why it runs ok with no filter in it
IDK if these things are the issue but I not gonna hurt,
Oh another thing, I still am only getting 10.5 on the other side of the solenoid. With it jacked up and no resistance would that be enoujgh to start it? Do they usually just go OUT or can they work randomly?
Old 02-02-2013, 04:51 PM   #16
Dmontgomery
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Don't know if these will help
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (198.9 KB, 0 views)
Old 02-02-2013, 04:52 PM   #17
Dmontgomery
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Another
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (200.6 KB, 0 views)
Old 02-02-2013, 04:54 PM   #18
Dmontgomery
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

And another
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (190.6 KB, 0 views)
Old 02-02-2013, 06:33 PM   #19
Dmontgomery
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmontgomery View Post
And another
Notice how the air hose is in a bind.
Old 02-02-2013, 07:36 PM   #20
Vavoomskill
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmontgomery View Post
Notice how the air hose is in a bind.
I notched my inner fender and cut the angle off the air box aluminium tube to get mine nice & straight
Vavoomskill is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO