lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-25-2008, 01:30 PM   #21
shooter498
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Pre-questions

How did the rear end explode? and why?
Anyway Im a teenager obviously because the age 13 and up forum thing.

I know you guys think its a bad idea but I would be very careful after reading your replies.
And I wont go that fast most of the time but sometimes I like to go full speed :)
shooter498 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-25-2008, 01:45 PM   #22
azboo
Super Moderator

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by shooter498 View Post
How did the rear end explode? and why?
Anyway Im a teenager obviously because the age 13 and up forum thing.

I know you guys think its a bad idea but I would be very careful after reading your replies.
And I wont go that fast most of the time but sometimes I like to go full speed :)
Careful and 50mph on a golf cart do not go together. I believe we are all grateful that your age may be the one thing that will postpone this idea afew years longer. We aren't just a bunch of old folks trying to slow a youngster down. We've all done things on these carts that caused us dirty drawers. They aren't quads, they aren't dunebuggies, they aren't go-karts. They are golf carts, intended for a purpose far different from what some of us have done with them, and as such they can and often do get us in trouble.

I guess it's only because it's a slow day at the office that I'm continuing with this. I think I'll just shut up now. It's reminding me why I stopped with only one child.
azboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 01:51 PM   #23
cuzky
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I have driven motorcycles at 85 + and big rigs 90+ and I don't want to drive a cart6 at 50 + I like to keep my butt in one piece
cuzky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 02:06 PM   #24
shooter498
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by azboo View Post
Careful and 50mph on a golf cart do not go together. I believe we are all grateful that your age may be the one thing that will postpone this idea afew years longer. We aren't just a bunch of old folks trying to slow a youngster down. We've all done things on these carts that caused us dirty drawers. They aren't quads, they aren't dunebuggies, they aren't go-karts. They are golf carts, intended for a purpose far different from what some of us have done with them, and as such they can and often do get us in trouble.

I guess it's only because it's a slow day at the office that I'm continuing with this. I think I'll just shut up now. It's reminding me why I stopped with only one child.
I am glad you said what you said. I know you guys have had more experience than me and I respect that. I know they are just made to drive golfers around and all. Im not trying to be a smartass but I just want a fun project and some speed. I know how fast 50 is and all. But I still think its much safer than speeding on a chopper or something. Ill probally end up going with 40 but depends what other people think. Sorry if you guys are annoyed of me -- im a kid.
Old 08-25-2008, 02:33 PM   #25
slim67
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by shooter498 View Post
I am glad you said what you said. I know you guys have had more experience than me and I respect that. I know they are just made to drive golfers around and all. Im not trying to be a smartass but I just want a fun project and some speed. I know how fast 50 is and all. But I still think its much safer than speeding on a chopper or something. Ill probally end up going with 40 but depends what other people think. Sorry if you guys are annoyed of me -- im a kid.
Well a lot of us have kids and the forum members are just trying to give you good advice. Nobody here wants to hear about a tragedy involving kids. God knows I have a son myself and I just built the cart for him to have fun on not get hurt.Listen to the members and take their advice.
slim67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 04:28 PM   #26
shooter498
Not Yet Wild

How fast does the cart you built go?

But if I still make mine go 50+, how can I make it as safe as possible at that speed? Even the club car roll bar though seems like it would help a bit. I know it just mounts to the plastic but im not gunna roll on uneven terrain anyway. I think if the cart is also built strong and not rusted yet it will be much safer.

Thanks guys.
Old 08-25-2008, 04:59 PM   #27
cuzky
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Go with a Briggs 23,6 inch lift,front and rear clutch 6:1 gears,23 tires and a mill.on life insurance
Old 08-25-2008, 05:10 PM   #28
azboo
Super Moderator

Club Car

Does not matter how smooth the pavement is. Does not matter if you have a roll cage. Do you realize people roll RHINOS at 50mph and are severely injured, and Rhinos and the like have far superior handling, steering and suspension compared to a golf cart. There are people on this forum that are masters at fabrication, but they aren't fools. They are respectful of what a golf cart is at it's core. Your continuing refusal to listen to any of us, while at the least is annoying, it is also detracting from any time we might want to spend with you on this forum if and when you do get your first cart. We understand that you are young, and that you think you know what you want. We also understand and we also KNOW what you can reasonably expect within the parameters of common sense and safety. You need to learn to recognize the difference. You need to LISTEN
azboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 05:15 PM   #29
cuzky
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Amen
Old 08-25-2008, 05:57 PM   #30
shooter498
Not Yet Wild

I have heard that RHINOS are too tall and skinny. I saw one and thats exactly how it looked.

But anyway, Please dont get mad or annoyed at me. Ill just shut up for now though.

I know golf carts arnt built the best for what I want but Its gunna have to work. I will slowly go faster and faster until I thing its right to stop. I do want to be safe but I think
Ill be fine.

I dont care if you thing im just a stupid teen because ill give you guys reports :)

Please dont get mad about me.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car