lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-20-2013, 12:11 PM   #1
charliew13
Not Yet Wild

Default Electric CC flat bed to gas

newbie here. I am going to buy a electric Club Car that is a flat bed aluminum frame cart. The frame is bent and broke on one side in the front. I will convert it to gas as I have lots of stuff. One of which is a for parts 350 polaris quad tranny or a 10/38 mower with a 12 hp briggs. I want to make a lawn buggy for my wife to haul her stuff around our 8 acres. I'm tired of watching her 110 lbs trying to drag a wagon around. I have a polaris 350 2x4 quad and a snapper yard cruiser but she is sorta limited in mechanical things and a simple forward and reverse gas pedal and steering wheel would be better for her without a wagon. Another option would be a new hydrostatic transaxle and a 10hp verticle briggs laying in the shed. I also have a 6.5 new hf horizontal motor in the box that might be configured for the quad tranny. I think I will mount the motor and tranny on the rear axle to pivot with the rear end. That seems the most stable platform to me. Maybe put a tilt bed on it if it works out.

Any ideas?
charliew13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-20-2013, 01:05 PM   #2
Pitbull Joe
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Default Re: Electric CC flat bed to gas

Sounds like you have a lot of options. I'm new to the cart world, so I will be watching your build. Good luck.
Pitbull Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 01:30 PM   #3
DOOmsman
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Don't most hydostatics run at a set rpm? would that get annoying to her?
It would be a neat build.
DOOmsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 01:34 PM   #4
Pitbull Joe
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

That's true, I didn't think about that.
Old 03-21-2013, 07:59 AM   #5
charliew13
Not Yet Wild

Ok, I went and relooked at the stuff available from a long time seller to me of "neat stuff"

I bought a 97 Club Car Carryall 6 electric. Next to it is a gas cc (edit: it's a jamaha). I'm thinking of buying the motor which is of unknown condition for the variable drive pulley. We think it probably has a tapered shaft which might be a problem but between all the people I know we can probably come up with a solution for that. Originally I was going to use one side of a ztr hydro drive to get the variable drive but that may change as those aren't cheap, but they are simple.

I printed out the spec sheet from cc to get a idea of what I needed to get it useable. I wish it had a bed with sides as that was my original intent to have a dc actuator tilt bed, I don't want this to be like my other projects that just keep expanding though. I can weld alum. but it doesn't look like a robot did it.

I also looked at a newer version at a dealer and the frame has two z shaped pieces on either side of the ibeam frame and is the factory new way they mounted the front end so the repair will look factory maybe. Also it will be a way to set the ride height if I want it a little higher.

doomsman got me to thinking about the set speed. If It gets zero turn drive it will need a two cable control, one for gas and the other for forward and reverse, the speed is the ticky part.

Also I called the seller and the gas car is a jamaha not a club car although I did get a club car gas rear axle.
Old 03-23-2013, 07:39 AM   #6
charliew13
Not Yet Wild

Ok a short update. I bought a 95 gas cc without the motor and cradle but has the rear axle. After reading I think this is a ccw rear end. I guess I will use a hf 420 motor I have that was supposed to go on a compressor I have. Can I turn the transaxle around. I have to build a cradle anyway. I still can go get the gas jamaha rear axle and even the motor and cradle if I need it. I would get the drive clutch with it although I have a 350 polaris 4x4 drive clutch I was planning on using. The polaris won't have a alt pulley on it if I need that. I was thinking I could mount a pulley on the 420 shaft inside the drive clutch and maybe move the motor over that much. Being apart the condition of these rear ends is unknown and I'm hoping they haven't gotten water in them from condensation as most syuff setting out in the weather gets turned to junk pretty fast.

I wonder if I should start a gas thread on this?
Old 04-03-2013, 02:28 PM   #7
charliew13
Not Yet Wild

Well I,ve been building cars and trucks a long time and until I talked to Tom at Dixie sales about some clutches it didn't occur to me that sbc's turn ccw on the CRANK end. So normal on gas motors is ccw, so everything is ok. Dang that was getting confusing.

Got some 23.0 wheels, 7.5 a-arm front and rear springs ordered along with new drive and driven clutches and a belt ordered. Also got a 20hp kohler on the way so all I gotta do is get it together now. I'm sure I will need a bunch of small stuff as it comes along.

I have used almost a complete tank of argon on the front frame repairing the break and broken welds and adding reinforcements to the rails, my 185 lincoln doesn't do heavy aluminum very well as the torch isn't water cooled and the duty cycle isn't for thick aluminum.

My dang 58 massey ferguson 65 tractor hydraulic pump crapped out so that will need fixing first though.
Old 04-03-2013, 05:39 PM   #8
Pitbull Joe
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

What brand lift did you end up ordering? Won't be long before the cart is sitting high and spinning wheels. Got any pics of the cart?
Old 04-03-2013, 08:54 PM   #9
charliew13
Not Yet Wild

sorry Joe I started a new big block thread, I thought it would be a better place. The lift kit is 7.5 from Tom at cartpartsplus. Instead of hyd front brakes I will try manual disk brakes first at Toms suggestion.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car