lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-12-2013, 01:38 AM   #1
makobuggie
Gone Wild

Default Fuel

Hello, i have a 81 g1 and would it be ok to use high test fuel? Rather than reg? Thanks
makobuggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-16-2013, 08:18 PM   #2
Tawas
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: Fuel

87 octane is just fine ..it will not run better or worst with anything higher octane
Tawas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 08:21 PM   #3
dbmachine
Gone Wild

Non ethanol if you can find it around your area. I'm lucky to have a station with non ethanol 87 and I can definately tell a difference.
dbmachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 05:38 PM   #4
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbmachine View Post
Non ethanol if you can find it around your area. I'm lucky to have a station with non ethanol 87 and I can definately tell a difference.
I agree with this. The ethanol in the fuel does several negative things to these older machines. Back when these carts were made, there was no ethanol in the fuel.
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 05:45 PM   #5
pachanga90
I Refuse To Get Stuck!!!

E-Z-GO

The higher octane does help,even if you don't notice it,since the ethanol lowers the btu-rating of the fuel.If anything it will burn fuel a little more efficiently.If you can find Non-Ethanol,Use it.I try to run high-test every other time I add fuel,that way it blends with the existing fuel.Briggs and others recommend nothing but high-test in all their engines due to the ethanol.Remember too,Carts were built to run from hole to hole,then sit.We run them a lot longer at higher rpm than they were meant to run at.Hope this helps.
pachanga90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha