lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-19-2014, 06:52 AM   #1
JBowler4
Not Yet Wild

Exclamation Marathon 2 stroke wiring help needed

I have a 1991 ezgo marathon 2 cycle I was given the cart from a buddy of mine it looks as if he removed wires from the FNR switches and the took the starter relay off I bought a new relay from NAPA not sure if its right tho its just a two bolt relay but im getting the cart motor to turn over and good spark by jumping out the relay with I've done so far I just can not figure out how the wires go from the pedal switch to the FNR switches then from there to the relay. I thought I had it right except the fuse begins to heat up then blows while cranking the motor as if it's going to a ground somewhere. When I put a test light on the switches the top and bottom of the the FNR switches are hot is that correct? Also the pedal switch the black and red wire of that become hot when u try to start the motor. I was figuring the bottom side of the switches would be a ground and the black wires would be a ground I've tried several ways of hooking it up to not have the fuse blow. Is it possible my switches are bad or my relay is wrong? Also does anyone have pics of how it is wired and what relay I would need to get?
JBowler4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-19-2014, 07:38 AM   #2
vince362291
Getting Wild

Default Re: Marathon 2 stroke wiring help needed

http://www.box.net/shared/3habgxrtgz

manual 89- 93 operations and service
vince362291 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 07:40 AM   #3
vince362291
Getting Wild

heres the parts manual think the relay your referring to is the selonoid it needs to be continuos duty
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 89-91 electic and gas parts (1).pdf (17.95 MB, 0 views)

Last edited by vince362291; 08-19-2014 at 07:52 AM.. Reason: link
vince362291 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 08:23 AM   #4
JBowler4
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for the link it has very useful information that hopefully will help me get it straight when I was saying relay I did mean solenoid if I put a test light on my solenoid the battery side is hot obviously but the other side going to the generator is not even when I turn the key on is that correct?
Old 08-19-2014, 08:47 AM   #5
93yellowclubcar
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Club Car

That side should be hot once you depress the gas pedal and the throttle microswitch activates.
93yellowclubcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 09:24 AM   #6
JBowler4
Not Yet Wild

Ok I will check thank you
Old 08-20-2014, 07:10 AM   #7
JBowler4
Not Yet Wild

Exclamation Re: Marathon 2 stroke wiring help needed

I have got everything wired correctly my problem was I had the wrong solenoid and was causing the wires to heat up thanks for the help. My question now is when I put the cart in forward or reverse with the key on it starts cranking the motor without touching the accelerator. Could the the accelerator switch have gone bad causing it to do that?
Old 08-20-2014, 12:32 PM   #8
93yellowclubcar
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBowler4 View Post
I have got everything wired correctly my problem was I had the wrong solenoid and was causing the wires to heat up thanks for the help. My question now is when I put the cart in forward or reverse with the key on it starts cranking the motor without touching the accelerator. Could the the accelerator switch have gone bad causing it to do that?
Yep! Can you test it by unplugging the wires from the accelerator switch to see if the cranking stops?
93yellowclubcar is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
blowing fuses, switch getting hot, wiring
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO