lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-28-2014, 01:46 PM   #1
1970buick
Gone Wild

Default Belt Slack / tension ? G1

How much slack should be in the belt between the clutch coming from the engine and the one turning the tires? As it sits now, I can push down on mine an inch or more and when the engine turns it's clutch the belt just sits there and doesn't engage the clutch driving the rear end. If pics help I will take them. The teeth on the belt look good
1970buick is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-28-2014, 09:19 PM   #2
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Default Re: Belt Slack / tension ? G1

The slack should be about an inch, that sounds ok. So when you rev the engine the primary clutch (on engine) doesn't engage and grab the belt? Watch this video, this is how the clutches should work.

Might want to come in at about 30 seconds.

If your clutches don't work like this then you might have a problem with one or both of the clutches. I'd look at the primary first. Take the clutch off and disassemble to check for worn or broken parts. Post pics if you can.
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 09:34 PM   #3
1970buick
Gone Wild

Thanks Slo. I have been reading your posts all night. I have deduced that my engine is not actually running but just turning over. I am replacing plug, filter, and hoses next. Then grounds and cleaning carb and tank. Just ordered a compression guage too.
1970buick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 08:53 AM   #4
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Yeah these G1's need good compression and clean air and fuel for sure. If you get anything less than 100lbs you'll need rings and seals. These engines are a piece of cake to work on. Once rebuilt, I'd eliminate the oil injector and mix your oil at 80:1 with a good synthetic air cooled 2 cycle oil. Just use regular gas since these are really low compression engines, just doesn't matter. If you need any help PM me.
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha