lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-14-2015, 03:09 AM   #1
Kizyle
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Club car clutch removal (1998 Gas FE350)

Hey guys, I'm about to remove both my clutches and wondering if there is a thread/DIY/procedures? I ordered the clutch puller tool off eBay and its a 2 piece looking thing? A shaft and a bolt(two piece- hopefully this is the right one seeing I bought the cheaper one on eBay)? The seller said it would fit my cart. I've seen the diagrams on dissembling the clutches and really haven't seen where you insert the clutch puller? I plan on sending both my clutches to cartspartsplus to be machined and have the performance spring, and 200+ RPM kit put in? Do I even need the clutch puller tool if I plan on sending it out? Any help is greatly appreciated, I'd rather not break parts and make things worse. Thanks
Kizyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-14-2015, 06:45 AM   #2
lockman1
What the ....?

Club Car

Default Re: Club car clutch removal (1998 Gas FE350)

Remove the belts!

Drive clutch:
Remove the mounting bolt on the drive clutch by turning it clockwise for a 1997+, (reverse thread, righty/loosy)
an air ratchet makes this easier so the clutch doesn't spin the engine while turning the bolt,
slide the pin in the bolt hole, and follow it with the puller bolt, it should thread in clockwise (standard thread)
snug the bolt to the pin, and use the air ratchet to tighten it tighter,
you'll hear a clanking type "pop" an that tells you the drive clutch is loose!
remove the clutch, bolt and pin from the engine.
If you aren't using an air ratchet, your gonna need a helper to hold the clutch with something to keep it from spinning!

Driven clutch:
Remove the mounting bolt, (standard threads, lefty/loosy)
and slide the clutch off of the shaft making note of the key! (no puller required)

Note for the driven clutch...
Some slide off easy, some get corroded to the shaft, and may require a bit of extra elbow grease!
Soak it with penetrating lube, and try to evenly beat it off with a rubber or plastic mallet!
but, DO NOT PRY between the transaxle and the clutch!
If you break the clutch, it's cheaper to replace then breaking the transaxle housing!

Have fun!
lockman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car