lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-01-2020, 09:58 AM   #21
biphase
Gone Wild

Default Re: yamaha g16e won't run

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcb2020 View Post
okay now that i have it hooked up that way i get nothing when i turn the key on and push the pedal with a2 jumped to b-. i still have a solenoid click but the wheels are not turning
If it ran with the jumper before, it should run with the jumper now. The only difference is that now there is no power to the motor until the solenoid clicks.

Please check the following:
1. The cart is in FWD or REV (not neutral)
2. The jumper between A2 and B- is making good contact at both ends.
3. Verify that you have 36 volts at the S position on the F/R switch after the solenoid clicks
biphase is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-01-2020, 01:51 PM   #22
tcb2020
Getting Wild

all of that checks out and i have 36 volts at the s terminal when the solenoid clicks
tcb2020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2020, 02:27 PM   #23
biphase
Gone Wild

Quote:
all of that checks out and i have 36 volts at the s terminal when the solenoid clicks
OK, so you have 36 volts at S after the solenoid clicks so now follow it through the F/R switch and the motor armature. Measure the voltages at F1, F2, R. Also at A1 and A2 on the motor. Of course we know A2 should be zero since you have it jumped to B-
Old 10-01-2020, 02:42 PM   #24
tcb2020
Getting Wild

alright so im sure this makes no sense but when i put the black probe of my meter on the b- and use my red probe to switch from place to place i have 37 volts on all of my posts on the f/r switch and motor when the solenoid clicks
Old 10-01-2020, 05:56 PM   #25
biphase
Gone Wild

Quote:
alright so im sure this makes no sense but when i put the black probe of my meter on the b- and use my red probe to switch from place to place i have 37 volts on all of my posts on the f/r switch and motor when the solenoid clicks
So are you saying that you have 37 volts on all points up to and including A1 but 0 volts on A2. Or do you see 37 volts on A2 as well?
Old 10-02-2020, 04:46 AM   #26
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Sometimes it just has to go to the shop.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2020, 09:10 AM   #27
tcb2020
Getting Wild

i have 37 volts on a2 as well
Old 10-02-2020, 10:32 AM   #28
biphase
Gone Wild

Quote:
i have 37 volts on a2 as well
OK, it is now obvious that your jumper between A2 and B- is not working. The jumper must be open or not making good contact at either A2 or B-. A working jumper will force A2 to 0 volts because it is tied directly to B-. You must use a heavy duty jumper because it need to carry 100 amps or so. Fix the jumper issue and the cart will run when you step on the pedal. Of course, you will still have the likely failed controller to deal with.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha