lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-17-2009, 02:50 PM   #1
djurz31
Not Yet Wild

Default 88 ez go need more speed

I have a 88 2 cycle. Was wondering if anyone has any good mods for more speed
djurz31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-17-2009, 02:54 PM   #2
sccowboy
It ain't gonna be easy.

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 88 ez go need more speed

They were designed for about 15 or so MPH. You can do the governor adjustment that is listed in the tech section and squeeze a bit more out if it but I would watch over revving the engine.
sccowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 03:33 PM   #3
WGW Foods
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

My stock. .No lift,stock tires,stock belt, no governor will run 18-20 MPH on flat ground. Best of 25.6 down hill. I ran it up on a scale at a tracter pull we were at and it wieghed in at 860 LB.
WGW Foods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 03:36 PM   #4
djurz31
Not Yet Wild

Yeah I have the governor off. I was thinking port and polish head, or bigger reeds maybe. I have never messed with a 2 stoke yet just trying to save myself on trial and error, and the almighty $. Thanks guys
djurz31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 06:34 PM   #5
ruredy
Born Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by djurz31 View Post
Yeah I have the governor off. I was thinking port and polish head, or bigger reeds maybe. I have never messed with a 2 stoke yet just trying to save myself on trial and error, and the almighty $. Thanks guys
What would you port and polish on the head? There's nothing there except a hole for the spark plug.
ruredy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 10:34 PM   #6
sccowboy
It ain't gonna be easy.

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by WGW Foods View Post
My stock. .No lift,stock tires,stock belt, no governor will run 18-20 MPH on flat ground. Best of 25.6 down hill. I ran it up on a scale at a tracter pull we were at and it wieghed in at 860 LB.
my 89 with the governor zip tie trick would easily knock down 25 MPH but it sounded like a screemin banshee doing it, so rather than screw up a perfectly good old school cart I tweaked it a little n left it alone.
sccowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 07:59 PM   #7
pachanga90
I Refuse To Get Stuck!!!

E-Z-GO

I've got an 85',no govenor,clutches shimmed,open-element filter,22" tires,TXT-Body(a little diet!).Got 23-24 on flat trails,workin on some port-work & head-work next.Gona try some carbs and see how far i can push it,Anyone found reeds for these yet?
pachanga90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 10:36 PM   #8
BrewCityMusic
Hammer Down !!!!

E-Z-GO

*shakes head and walks away*
BrewCityMusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 07:11 AM   #9
Dave Box
Respect the Cart

E-Z-GO

I concur with Brew City Music. You've got a 1988 EZGO and it is what it is. Are you really going to polish the ports? Well now you need to change out the exhaust pipe, while you're at it you now need a race tuned muffler. That BV24 carburetor of yours isn't going to hack it anymore but what to use in it's place? My advice is to enjoy your cart, if you really have a need for speed then I suggest that you purchase one of these

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bugatti_Veyron

at $1,700,000 it's a little pricey but it's a wiser spend of your money than trying to run with the big dogs with a 2PG engine.
Dave Box is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 06:23 PM   #10
pachanga90
I Refuse To Get Stuck!!!

E-Z-GO

In my case,i'm beatin it around our property and just need a tad more ummpphh.We've built a few Briggs-Powered carts but they aren't suited for "normal" golf-cart type use such as yard-work,taking garbage out,etc.For my purposes the 2pg is perfect and just needs a little enhancing.Just adding my 2 cents.
pachanga90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO