lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-03-2010, 02:54 AM   #1
Newchapter
Not Yet Wild

Default 89 ezgo clutch removal

So i tried to fabricate a clutch puller instead of spending the $35 . I have a metal rod crammed down there now and it seems the bolt wont push any farther... i also pumped it full of grease no luck and now its been soaking in pb blaster.... am i screwed because i dont think i can get the metal rod out
Newchapter is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-03-2010, 04:26 AM   #2
ruredy
Born Wild

Default Re: 89 ezgo clutch removal

not sure what the problem is, (bolt not going far enough) Is the rod to short? everything seems like it should work, just won't come off? you can probably gget the rod out with a magnet on a rod, the kind we use to get loose nuts bolts you drop when working on cars, etc... I always use the puller and a impact wrench, the impact is a must on some of them.
ruredy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 04:55 AM   #3
Newchapter
Not Yet Wild

i was using the impact , the rod wasnt too short to begin with i think i drove into the threads ... the magnet i have wont go far enought down the hole either
Old 05-03-2010, 10:03 AM   #4
madoc1
no clue

E-Z-GO

sounds like you are saying the 3/4 bolt won't go down anymore. did you try the bolt without the rod, just to make sure the threads were clean? i had to run a tap down ours before the bolt would go in, even with an impact.

also, unless the rod is real tight try to take the whole engine and tap it down on a hard surface. this should get the rod at least out to the end of the clutch. good luck jim
madoc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 10:49 PM   #5
Newchapter
Not Yet Wild

I still have about 1/2 inch before the bolt would bottom out but am not getting anymore movement out of it with the impact. I will have to try and slam it into the floor to see if i can pop it out... good news the fan wheel on the other side came off
Old 05-05-2010, 08:16 PM   #6
ez go go
Doin' the Wild Thang

E-Z-GO

At least somethin came off easy, its a start!!!!
ez go go is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO