lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-23-2010, 09:21 PM   #11
AirJunky
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Clutch problem?

I'm still dickin around with this problem. I had a vacation in Hells Canyon, and then life catchin up that got in the way for a while. But I managed to call Tom at CPP & talk to him a bit. Nice guy & very cooperative, even if it is hard to diagnose this kind of thing over the phone. As I said before, when I get goin, about 8 - 10 mph, it starts vibrating & bucking. It's doing it on the jack stands too but harder to notice.
I checked that the lug nuts have been tight. And spun the wheels by hand. Seems like there is some slop in the rear diff. Maybe I should check the rear diff oil?
AirJunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-24-2010, 01:12 AM   #12
AirJunky
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Rear diff appears to be dry as a bone. WTF is up with that?
I found a thread on here that says it takes 30 wt. Guess I'll stop by the store on the way home from work.
Old 09-24-2010, 06:44 PM   #13
AirJunky
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Well the rear diff took a full quart of oil before it started dripping out. And now it still has a pretty good vibration when driving. I assume running the thing dry has damaged something.
Old 09-27-2010, 04:01 PM   #14
AirJunky
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

No responses at all? I figured someone here would at least be givin me grief for being an idiot or something.

I talked to Tom at CPP. After he stopped laughing, he said that these rear ends do not take 30 wt. but gear oil (80/90 wt). He said we probably fried some bearings in the rear end, which accounts for the vibration we are feeling now. But he said the thing will probably never completely fail. Just have a vibration in it.

Then I went to talk to our facilities mechanic, who has like 100 DC power jacks & fork lifts to maintain. He said to use Luca oil treatment in it. So tonite I'm going to drain the 30 wt out of it, and fill it with Lucas Oil 80/90 wt. And keep my fingers crossed that this is it.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO