lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-10-2010, 08:09 PM   #1
buckman1981
Not Yet Wild

Default motor is hottttt! please help

My 1998 gas ezgo has heat that comes up from the sides of the seat, from the engine compartment(its pretty hot). Is this something that is supossed to happen? The reason I think it is running hot is because this happens after riding for about 10 - 15 minutes. Also as soon as it heats up, the motor makes a slight ticking noise ( not a loud tick, it just concerns me). I know that when a car overheats, it can cause the valves to tap. Please tell me if you also have excessive heat coming out of your engine compartment or how I can fix it before it ruins the engine. Thank you very much, Scott Hall
buckman1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-10-2010, 08:31 PM   #2
ez go go
Doin' the Wild Thang

E-Z-GO

Default Re: motor is hottttt! please help

First off Welcome to BGW!! Sounds like your cart is running lean and is a very common condition. Take a look at your plugs and see if they are white or something similar. If so this is probably the issue. I would recommend cleaning the carb. and checking the valves along with some tweaking on the low speed idle adjustment on the top of the carb.... This may fix some of this excessive heat issues you are having..
ez go go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 09:06 PM   #3
buckman1981
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by ez go go View Post
First off Welcome to BGW!! Sounds like your cart is running lean and is a very common condition. Take a look at your plugs and see if they are white or something similar. If so this is probably the issue. I would recommend cleaning the carb. and checking the valves along with some tweaking on the low speed idle adjustment on the top of the carb.... This may fix some of this excessive heat issues you are having..
Thanks. The place I purchased it from said it had a new carb.. They probably didn't adjust it. So it is uncommon to have excessive heat coming from the seat/engine compartment? I'm not much on messing with carbs, but I will give it a shot. Is it the same as getting the lean-rich air mixture right like on a model airplane engine?
Old 09-11-2010, 08:07 AM   #4
buckman1981
Not Yet Wild

I took the plugs out and like you, I expected to see them white and burnt dry. But they looked like I dipped them in black oil and smelled like gas?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO