lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-02-2010, 03:37 PM   #31
Dave Box
Respect the Cart

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 1987 ezgo marathon clutch problem?

There is nothing to loosen or take off. You just pull on the belt until part of it is over the driven clutch flange and then rotate the clutch until it winds off. Putting the new one on is a reversal of the above although it will be a little more difficult as the new belt will be shorter. As a rule of thumb the new belt should not be more than 1 inch shorter as a) it will be very difficult to wind on and b) it will probably affect the changing of gear in a negative manner.
Dave Box is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-02-2010, 06:13 PM   #32
bananaman
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Thanks Dave!
bananaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 09:33 PM   #33
pachanga90
I Refuse To Get Stuck!!!

E-Z-GO

On the 2pg with 22" tires,a definite must-try is shimming the clutch-springs.Shim both clutch springs 3/16"-1/4" and remove the spacer between the sheaves on the Driven(axle)Clutch.I still have the stock belt on mine and the power difference just doing the Drive-Clutch is huge.I swapped out my clutch this spring with another OE unit and it was a slug.Then i remembered that the original was shimmed,put the shims in and WOW.This can be done in the cart.Place rear on stands,remove the center-bolt and the cover screws.Remove the spring and install some heavy washers.Reassemble and enjoy.
pachanga90 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
carb, clutch, no power
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO