lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-11-2010, 07:36 AM   #41
golfdad
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: looking for engine rebuild

I still cant get the bearings out I tryed heat and a knife a hammer anythings eles i should it guys out of ideas
golfdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-12-2010, 07:55 AM   #42
Dave Box
Respect the Cart

E-Z-GO

So you have the two crankcase halves apart and the crankshaft is out but you have the bearing stuck in the front crankcase, is that correct?

If so then if you haven't already removed the front oil seal then do that now and as previously discussed don't worry about destroying it as it will be replaced. With the seal out of the way you should be able to look into the crankshaft hole (from the outside) and see the bearing. With a suitable drift like a large socket you should be able to drive it out.

If not then I would find a small engine shop and get them to press it out for you. They will probably charge $10 and save you some serious hair pulling. You are going to have to find the shop anyway in order to press the new bearings onto the new crankshaft. I know a lot of folks talk about putting the crankshaft into the freezer and the bearings will slide on but I have never seen a post from someone who actually made it work and that includes me

Jumping ahead slightly when reassembled the bottom half I found that I was able to offer the bearings and crankshaft assembly up to the crankcase halves and gently nudge them together with a rubber mallet. Once they were within reach of the 5 crankcase bolts I could put half a turn on each bolt and wind the cases together and the bearings into the housings. Don't forget a little bead of Mega Grey mastic or similar on the mating surfaces of the crankcases. Air leaks are the kiss of death for a 2 stroke.

Keep us posted
Dave
Dave Box is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 06:17 PM   #43
golfdad
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

thanks I got them all out the inside bearing was eazy but the outside bearing was a b**** the bearing where out of its caseing. I got my kit today and know the fun starts.
golfdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO