lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-08-2010, 06:17 PM   #1
catsnw
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Default I'm about to chuck this carb out the window if that's the problem.

I have an 02 ezgo with a 295cc engine. I have beeeeeeeeeen having trouble with it. The engine had problems at lower speeds and after a certain point it worked I had cleaned the carb once and closed the choke a little and it ran fine. Then I blew my intake valves (no power stuck in mud with wheels not spinning). I replaced the valve guides on all because my exhaust one was leaking.
I had torn the cart down because I needed the head off for the valve job and to paint it. I had reinstalled the carb to the engine and BAM! the troubles came back. I clean the carb(one jet is f'ed up because the last guy over torques it and stripped the head off) I reinstalled the carb and still have the same problem. I know for a fact that my oil ring is leaking but I have a pressure of 160 on each cylinder. I noticed that I have very little fuel in the fuel filter.
So where do I start??? It's driving me nuts!
Also I lack power. I was stuck in a 4 inch tall rounded ditch and it would not move out. Once it spun up the clutch closed and it died. I have not been able to start it since.
catsnw is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-08-2010, 06:48 PM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: I'm about to chuck this carb out the window if that's the problem.

Typical to not show much fuel in the filter. Can you check to see if the spark is constant or intermittent ?

May just be time for another carb if that one is jacked up?
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 07:21 PM   #3
catsnw
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Spark is great!

What about the fuel issue though? Is it normal to have very little fuel in the filter?
Old 11-08-2010, 07:46 PM   #4
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Reread my post.

If you pull the bowl off of the carb and there is fuel in it the problem is not delivery.
Old 11-08-2010, 07:49 PM   #5
catsnw
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Fine. I guess it's time for a new carb
Old 11-08-2010, 08:00 PM   #6
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Unless somebody else has some better ideas... I had a loaner at one time but somebody bought it
We used to put it on this or that cart just to eliminate a carb problem.
Old 11-10-2010, 06:02 PM   #7
COURTESYCART
Gone Wild

sounds to me like you have a carb issue also. If you can't get that jet out than replace the carb.

Also make sure you valve are adjusted properly. I have one in the shop tha twas spitting gas out and filling the airfilter up with fuel. Intake valve too tight and pushing compression back into the carb. Adj valve properly and cart runs 100% better.
COURTESYCART is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 06:09 PM   #8
Dave Box
Respect the Cart

E-Z-GO

I'm a 2 stroker myself so you can take this with a pinch of salt (or the whole salt mine). When I had troubles with mine I cleaned it and refitted it. Then I cleaned it again with no improvement. One more time and then I gave up and bought a new carburetor. From the first crank of the engine the difference was immeasurable and I have a carb that will last the life of the cart.
Dave Box is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 07:22 PM   #9
catsnw
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Would it be possible that it could be the rings? It looks like I have a blue smoke screen behind me! Also this thing didnt happen (loss of power) until i got it stuck. The old valves(replaced) were round. The guy at the shop said that only happens under a high load.
The most load I put on this was when it got stuck in the mud and the wheels would not spin. I also had oil in the breather box and I have a ton of blow by (I can take off the oil filler cap and oil shoots out and hits the roof...).
Old 11-10-2010, 09:52 PM   #10
ez go go
Doin' the Wild Thang

E-Z-GO

If your showing 160 on each cylinder I cant understand how you can have a ton of blowby. Blowby occurs with ring failure and engine wear. If you have blow by then it shouldnt have comp. that good. If you take the oil cap off while it's running the oil should shoot out. If you got stuck and possibly had too much oil and the cart was leaning you may have pumped a little into the combustion chamber and breather box. This could cause the power loss also.
ez go go is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO