lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-21-2011, 07:36 AM   #1
Maverick8420
Not Yet Wild

Default G1 Oil Pump deletion

Newbie here. I have been running my G1 for 3 years now and I got her in for a total rebuild. Just wondering, I was going back to mixing and deleting the oil pump all together. I just wanted to make sure I can take the pump and gear drive and gear out of the loop and make a block off plate for the pump to case boss. thanks again and what a great site.
Maverick8420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-21-2011, 07:21 PM   #2
GMB74
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: G1 Oil Pump deletion

Lots of threads about this matter- use the search function to find them. You must leave the inner half of the gearcase on the engine, or fabricate a plate to replace it, as it helps hold the crankshaft oil seal in place. Without it the seal will eventually work its way out of the block.
GMB74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 09:48 PM   #3
Maverick8420
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: G1 Oil Pump deletion

I guess I should have researched alittle more. I do remember seeing to leave the inner plate to help retain the seal. Thanks for your help.
Maverick8420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha