lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-30-2011, 06:46 PM   #1
The kid
Getting Wild

Default G1vsG9

Which is better and why
The kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-30-2011, 07:00 PM   #2
Dlcain
Gone Completely Insane

Club Car

Default Re: G1vsG9

Oh boy, here we go....lol I didn't choose a G9 over a G1 or any other cart for that matter as much as I wanted a 4-stroke over a 2-stroke. My G9 was just the first cart I came across. If I would of came across a G8 first I probably would of bought that and could be posting in the G8 Club
Dlcain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 07:30 PM   #3
caddylac camper
Gone Wild

Yamaha

I bought my G1 cause it had a canopy and a windshield and was in really good condition. Its my first cart but after purchasing certain parts that were missing i now know that parts are getting hard to locate. Major parts are available but minor cosmetic stuff isn't. I would tell someone to buy the newest cart they can afford just for the parts availability. My friend has an old harley 3 wheeler, the carb on the engine is worth more than the whole cart because of how hard it is to get.
caddylac camper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 07:43 PM   #4
stuff4mason
G8 Club Founding Member

Yamaha

G9's parts availibility are far greater than G1's parts. I would have kept my G9 if it didn't come with a motorcycle engine in it, instead of the stock motor! There appears to be a ton of running G9's still out there. But very few G8's. Thus the small club!!
stuff4mason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 07:19 AM   #5
Dlcain
Gone Completely Insane

Club Car

A good friend of mine has a G1 and he loves it. The thing I like about the G1 is that you can switch to reverse just by turning the key switch instead of reaching down in front of the seat box. My friends G1 is also a tad faster then mine. I don't know if thats indicitive of all G1's or just his?

Mason - do you know if a G8 body will fit a G9 or vice versa? are the frames & motors simular? just curious what the differences are other then the body.
Dlcain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 07:49 AM   #6
stuff4mason
G8 Club Founding Member

Yamaha

Mason - do you know if a G8 body will fit a G9 or vice versa? are the frames & motors simular? just curious what the differences are other then the body.[/QUOTE]

I can tell you - no. The bodies are not compatible. Nothing on the G8 will fit the G9 and vise versa. The only likeness is the front end suspension and the motor/drivetrain. I put the G9 next to the G8 and tried to see what could be moved and realized - basicly nothing.
stuff4mason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 08:25 AM   #7
G1-G9
LIFE IS TAKING FOREVER

Yamaha

Ive had both carts and i loved the g1 that i had. The only problem was every time we went cart riding i had to be the last cart because of the two stroke smell. Then i found my red G9 for $100 bucks and it was a basket case. after re doing the engine and everything else on i realized how easy the G9 was to work on and do things with. Yes at the time my G1 was alot better it would pull hills with out all the extras and keep up with all the new carts, but then someone wanted the cart more than i did and i sold it. i couldnt beat the price they offered. The G1 engine is alot easier to work on.
G1-G9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 09:06 PM   #8
The kid
Getting Wild

Pretty nice points lol.
The kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 05:49 PM   #9
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

I agree that the G1 parts are hard to find. I ended up getting my missing parts from SKARP on here, he's a good dude. If you need G1 parts, look up his threads, right now he has a few carts he's parting out.
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 07:30 PM   #10
nevin
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Smile Re: G1vsG9

I hope he calls me soon, I need some parts
nevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha