lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-08-2011, 09:55 PM   #1
makobuggie
Gone Wild

Default fuel line

Replaced fuel line to carb , leaks real bad, new 1/4 inch line , new clamp, i change it 3 times still leaking, anybody have any ideas? Cant figure it out? So easy, everythings new? Thanks.
makobuggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-09-2011, 11:46 AM   #2
DOOmsman
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: fuel line

Is the barb fitting cracked?
Is the line on the vent and not the inlet
DOOmsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 03:30 PM   #3
makobuggie
Gone Wild

Just got done putting a new line on again, still leaking, it goes on the inlet side of the carb, i think its cracked somewere, its a old carb im going to get a new one, when it starts it sputters, backfire, stalls, shakes, i think its time for new one, its a 81, g1, thanks.
makobuggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 06:18 PM   #4
kaublr
Not Yet Wild

I also have a 81 G-1 same problem. Found the brass fitting that fits in the carb loose in carb. Used a little loctite solved problem
kaublr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 08:49 AM   #5
rivertime
Getting Wild

Yamaha

The barbed inlet fitting (brass piece) is just press fitted into the carb. I was replacing lines on mine this weekend and accidentally pulled that piece out of the carb body when removing the old fuel line. I pressed it back into it's spot and gave it a couple raps with a rubbererized screw driver handle. Might should've put some epoxy or locktight on it as suggested above before sending it home with the screwdriver handle, but it seems to be on there pretty good now. I tried to pull it out and couldn't so I think it's alright. Maybe yours is pulling out some and leaking?

I'd hold off on buying a new carburetor. There's really nothing to these and very little that can fail. Check the post below. If it sounds familiar you might have some bad gas. I just went through this.

Again that carb is about as simple as they get. Plugged jets, passageways, or buggered up needle/seats is about all that can be bad on it. Chances of a bad needle/seat are pretty slim unless someone went crazy with a screwdriver and cranked it down tight. Probably a plugged orifice or jet and a little carb cleaner, a can of compressed air shot into the orifices etc. should fix you right up.

Bad gas and cleaning carb
rivertime is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha