lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-04-2012, 05:16 PM   #1
DrBob
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Default 2012 Yamaha Primary TEAM Clutch Noise

In June I purchased a new 2012.5 EFI Yamaha Gas cart, model JC0 from a fine local Yamaha dealer near Ocala FL. The cart was pretty decked out and included an enclosure, Ultimate Bench Seats, 10" Aluminum wheels and a High Performance Gear. I mention these only as it may relate to preceived drive train noise.

As part of his normal prep for delivery process, my dealer swapped out the brand new stock front clutch for a new TEAM Clutch, version 116929. He said had some complaints with the stock clutch and the replacement would be smoother on startup (no jerks) and more dependable long term.

After 3 months, I have no complaints on jerky starts, but I am quite sure the drive train (clutch?) is somewhat noiser - both in reving up on normal starts and at constant speeds. I am comparing this to my buddy's 2009 Yamaha gas, that is otherwise identically equipped - less EFI and the replaced clutch.

The Service Manager said the new clutch uses weighted balls in tracks vs the conventional weights on arms to squeeze the clutch as it revs up.

Does anyone have any insight on the new TEAM clutch design with rolling ball weights and/or any info whether that design would increase or decrease running noise?
DrBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Tags
yamaha gas clutch team
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha