lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-08-2012, 06:32 PM   #1
BIGBUELLRIDER
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default G1 wont start.

Hello all.

I recently bought a Yamaha G1. After buying a new battery and carb, it ran fine. I took the rear body panel off and now the golf cart wont start. I checked for loose cables and did not find any. The reverse horn does not even turn on. Even though the battery is brand new, I checked the battery and still nothing. I am not an electrician by any meaning of the word, so a lil help from anyone would be greatly appreciated.
BIGBUELLRIDER is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-08-2012, 06:37 PM   #2
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Default Re: G1 wont start.

The only way I know to check the starting system is to get my volt meter out and start poking around. I will check for power from the battery to the solenoids, then from the solenoids to the starter/generator motor. I will also check for 12v signal to and from the forward and reverse switch. The gas pedal also has a switch wired in with it to signal the starter, so I'll check that too.

Somewhere there is either a loose wire, bad wire, grounded hot wire, or a bad ground connection. Or it could be a dead battery.
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 06:39 PM   #3
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

Check the positive (just to the left of the battery) and negative (behind the solenoids on the passanger side inner fender)fuses first, there in a round rubber holder you just pull apart. Also might check the main positive wire from the battery to the wireharness, some times that connection gets corroded or breaks off. good luck
smallblock450sl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 06:18 PM   #4
nwarren9
Gone Wild

Yamaha

this may help
Wiring.jpg
nwarren9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 08:25 PM   #5
BIGBUELLRIDER
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Blown fuse. Thanks for the help everyone.
BIGBUELLRIDER is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha