lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-24-2021, 06:11 AM   #1
Brandon h
Not Yet Wild

Default G8 more speed!

Alright, what is the best, and cheapest way to gain more speed on my G8. Would like to keep stock tires. I was thinking probably a clutch or springs but know nothing about that. I’m pretty decent at working on things. I have rebuilt a few EzGo’s a time or two. There is no governor on the cart. She will hit about 16 before the rev limiter is introduced. Thanks
Brandon h is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-24-2021, 08:13 AM   #2
Dave in VA
maintaining a low profile

Yamaha

Default Re: G8 more speed!

There is no rev limiter on a G8. No gov? Is the pedal cable run directly to the carb? Is the butterfly fully opening at WOT? What's the condition of the belt? Avoid aftermarket china crap belts. OEM Yamaha at a minimum. GBoost and Plowmans is better. Plowmans has an overdrive clutch combo that may work on a G8. It's not gonna be a speed demon on stock tires.
Dave in VA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2021, 07:00 PM   #3
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

My G14 on stock tires ungoverned went 22-24 mph. I would think your G 8 should do about the same.
raydhd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2021, 07:12 AM   #4
Brandon h
Not Yet Wild

The throttle cable runs all the way to the carb but when it reaches higher rpms you can hear it cut on and off. I can run just below and it won’t cut out. Belt is decent but probably going to upgrade.
Old 02-25-2021, 08:42 AM   #5
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

Are You sure the carts governor is not being used ? That description is how a governed cart would operate .
raydhd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2021, 05:24 AM   #6
Brandon h
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by raydhd View Post
Are You sure the carts governor is not being used ? That description is how a governed cart would operate .
Yes I am sure there is not governor. I can put it in neutral and hold the butterfly flap open completely and it will surge like a rev limiter would
Old 02-28-2021, 09:09 AM   #7
TheNewGuy
Admin/Moderator

Yamaha

Call Don Plowman! plowmanscarts.com

TheNewGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha