lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-07-2011, 05:58 PM   #1
TidePride50
Not Yet Wild

Default EZGO Lights

Hey guys. I recently purchased a 2006 electric EZGO and been thinking about putting lights on it. I bought these off eBay:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/PREMI...#ht_5101wt_994

I have a couple questions. One, how hard of an install are these going to be and two, are they safe to hookup without damaging my batteries?

Thanks guys.
TidePride50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-07-2011, 06:28 PM   #2
Spawn
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: EZGO Lights

I put a set like that on my cart.
A separate 12 battery would be best but I don't use them all that much so I have them on a pair in the cart and I rotate that every so often so I pull off different ones at times. When I install the stereo I will install the Optima yellow top.

I have a few additions laying around that I need to install but I was waiting to paint the whole thing soon. I plan to pull the lenses and paint the whole thing together so the light shells will be body color.
Here is an example

Spawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 09:38 AM   #3
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

best thing is to get a voltage reducer .....it will still work without just hook lights up to 2 batteries that give you your 12 volts and if you go that way.........which them up every few months so you don,t just always draw on 2 of the batteries........2 batteries for a fewmonths than 2 others for a few months than 2 others.....try and keep the pack as even as you can...........................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 03:28 PM   #4
Spawn
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowman View Post
best thing is to get a voltage reducer .....it will still work without just hook lights up to 2 batteries that give you your 12 volts and if you go that way.........which them up every few months so you don,t just always draw on 2 of the batteries........2 batteries for a fewmonths than 2 others for a few months than 2 others.....try and keep the pack as even as you can...........................
Thats what I do now rotate them.
Spawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 06:40 AM   #5
Speedylifsavr
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by TidePride50 View Post
Hey guys. I recently purchased a 2006 electric EZGO and been thinking about putting lights on it. I bought these off eBay:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/PREMI...#ht_5101wt_994

I have a couple questions. One, how hard of an install are these going to be and two, are they safe to hookup without damaging my batteries?

Thanks guys.
I wouldnt say hard to install , just tedious . Just take your time and find a good route to run all the wiring and zip tie everything out of the way .

I used a dremel to cut the openings for the tail lights.....I've heard of others using a jig saw with a fine blade .

I only had to cut openings for the tail lights....I used the freedom light kit .

And whatever you do.......make sure you are using only 2 batteries/12V . anything higher and you will fry your bulbs......dont ask me how I know .

Speedylifsavr is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO