lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-26-2015, 02:50 PM   #1
jsharp
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default 1999 txt questions

ok I just bought a 1999 ezgo txt golf cart with the robin motor in it it has lift kit and 10 inch tires i have a few questions i have been reading the forums and just want to try and see if i can get a few questions answered that i am not quite understanding... was reading the sticky about shorter belt i think that will solve my issue with the slow take off problem was having issues with it running good when running full out but solved that problem by adjusting the governor so my question is what belt do i buy for it i was little confused with it..

has any body every rewired it to make it stay idling say when you stop at a light and let off the gas it dies i want it to stay idling how would i go about doing that or can i do that.

cold starts i am having an issues with it starting when it cold or very humid outside how to i fix this problem

sorry for all the questions did not want to start seperate threads for all but im new to this and having fun with yall have been a big help so far thanks
jsharp is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-26-2015, 09:34 PM   #2
sccowboy
It ain't gonna be easy.

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 1999 txt questions

When I get a chance to copy the info from the belt thread I'll show you which belt you need. As far as idling.... They really weren't meant to do that. Just hit the pedal and go. The hard start could be a simple valve adjustment or a dirty carb. Check your compression and report back.
sccowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 07:55 AM   #3
jsharp
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

The compression is good they had just rebuilt the motor when I bought it they told me they have always had issues with it starting since day one when it it get a little moister or cold I don't think it is getting fuel I took the plugs out and sprayed some wd 40 down the cyl put plugs back in fired right up after that so I'm not sure
Old 04-27-2015, 10:55 AM   #4
sccowboy
It ain't gonna be easy.

E-Z-GO

Then do a valve adjustment first. Next pull the fuel line off the carb and hit the pedal. Should be a good spurt of fuel coming out. If not look to the filter and pump. If flowing good, pull the carb and thoroughly clean it. I mean really clean it by breakingit down and soaking it oovernightin a gallon can of carb cleaner. Use compressed air and blow it out then reassemble.. Look in the service guideand check tthe float level as well while you have it all apart.
Old 04-27-2015, 10:58 AM   #5
sccowboy
It ain't gonna be easy.

E-Z-GO

There are 2 shorter belts that will work on a 94 - 06 Medalist/txt/workhorse carts.

1st belt is for a Ezgo 89 -91 2cyc cart. Its 41" long, OEM # 22337-G1

2nd belt is for a Ezgo 1992-1993 2cyc and 1992-1994 4cyc, it is 40 3/4" long, OEM # 27077-G02

I will say that the first belt is the one I would use and like best.
Old 04-29-2015, 06:04 PM   #6
jsharp
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

ok my cart will not start when it get a little moister in it i took it too the car wash the other day and washed it did not wash under the seat the under carriage and the body and it would not start after that any ideas
Old 04-29-2015, 10:33 PM   #7
sccowboy
It ain't gonna be easy.

E-Z-GO

What all in my above post have you completed?
Old 04-30-2015, 10:45 AM   #8
jsharp
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Sorry the fuel pump is getting good fuel the carbs are clean i did not adjust hte valves yet the cart runs great when it is warm but you get a little moister in the air or get wet and it does not want to start
Old 04-30-2015, 11:05 AM   #9
sccowboy
It ain't gonna be easy.

E-Z-GO

Fuel to the carb, correct? Go ahead and do the valves. If you don't have a feeler gauge, then rotate the lobe till it points down, loosen the lock nut on the rocker and back the adjuster out a few turns. Gently tighten it until it just touches the lobe, then lock it there. It will be almost perfectly at the .004 mark. Do that for each one and see how it runs. once it is running smoothly, then work on tweaking the gov. paying special attention to how that affects the throttle plate. It must close just before the pedal micro switch cuts out or it will backfire.
Old 04-30-2015, 02:49 PM   #10
Kerrville78028
Gone Wild

I know how everything down in Port A gets that film on it. The plugs, wires and coil should be good and clean so that the ignition voltage cannot track over.
Does it have a nice hot spark? maybe throw a fresh set of plugs in just for good measure... I've had plugs get worse over time.
Make sure the air filter is good and sealed... that sand can get into all kinds of places.

I love Port A!

Kerrville78028 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO