lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-15-2017, 04:38 PM   #21
oldnavycdr
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: New DPI Boiling Off Water

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnieB View Post
Yeah, the spout has to be vertical or it overfills a bit.
For the hard to reach ones, try something like this: https://www.amazon.com/Plews-75-033-...battery+filler
Great idea, Johnnie! Should handle the back battery nicely.
oldnavycdr is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-15-2017, 10:00 PM   #22
harriswallace
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnieB View Post
That was a jump from the highest absorption voltage to the lowest, maybe one of the two in between might be better.

According to US Battery's brochure (attached) for the US 8VHATB XC2 battery you have, the absorption voltage should be 2.45V +/- 0.05V (Volts per Cell) which gives a range from 2.40V to 2.50V. The absorption voltage in Mode-2 (Trojan battery) is 2.35V.

Mode-3 is 2.40V, Mode-4 is 2.45V and Mode-1 is 2.50V. (Or at least that is what I got from DPI a couple of years ago, before they change the name of Mode-4 from Full River to Crown/AGM.)

The float charge voltage is different in the different modes also, but as long is it is from about 0.2V to 0.6V higher than the at rest voltage, it ought to be okay.

What are you getting for an at-rest voltage (12 hours after the charger is disconnected from cart without the cart being used)

According to the info I got from US Battery, the at-rest voltage of their 2V cells is 2.137V, which is 76.932V for a 72V pack.
Full pack after 12hr 77.5 all the batteries are either 8.6 or 8.7 batteries are about 9 months old
harriswallace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2017, 01:27 AM   #23
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

I hate those jugs, they overfill every single cell to a consistent over full level in my experience with them. I have never used the red "turkey baster" to fill batteries, only to clear out "filled to the top" cells. For my own, I have used my own creation from a Gatorade bottle with a aerosol can straw stuck in the lid for tricky battery filling and removal. It's slow, but accurate. And the straw is so small, it doesn't dribble juice anywhere.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2017, 09:32 AM   #24
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by harriswallace View Post
Full pack after 12hr 77.5 all the batteries are either 8.6 or 8.7 batteries are about 9 months old
That looks okay to me.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2017, 09:46 AM   #25
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgtech View Post
I hate those jugs, they overfill every single cell to a consistent over full level in my experience with them. I have never used the red "turkey baster" to fill batteries, only to clear out "filled to the top" cells. For my own, I have used my own creation from a Gatorade bottle with a aerosol can straw stuck in the lid for tricky battery filling and removal. It's slow, but accurate. And the straw is so small, it doesn't dribble juice anywhere.
If you don't want the batteries to fill as high, install some shrink tubing to the spout.

I listen to the sound it makes and stop filling when the gurgling stops. If you leave it longer, you will sometimes hear some quiet bubbling and it might overfill.

I've only used it with the Exide batteries if have. Not sure how it works with other brands.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2017, 09:56 AM   #26
slashpine
Getting Wild

FWIW...In the past I have used a turkey baster but these days I use a diner style ketchup bottle...find them in the grocery store for a couple dollars
slashpine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2017, 03:09 PM   #27
cgtech

Yamaha

Heatshrink on the end, huh? Good idea!
Old 10-16-2017, 04:03 PM   #28
oldnavycdr
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

I may give this a try: https://www.amazon.com/Plastic-Liqui...ottles+plastic
oldnavycdr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2017, 07:08 PM   #29
cgtech

Yamaha

I would totally try one of those.
Old 10-17-2017, 10:51 AM   #30
HiTechRedNeck
Gone Wild

RXV w/4 12v batts????

Look into tray and convert to 6/8v batts we do this on almost every RXV now BIG IMPROVEMENT !!!!
HiTechRedNeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO