lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Extreme DC!
Extreme DC! Extreme Electric Golf Carts!

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-01-2023, 05:26 PM   #31
bdot79
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: 500amp series controller+ programmer for under $200

I got the controller and cable but I not able to get parameters from the controller. What driver for the cheap blue cable are you using? What am I doing wrong?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1205mProgram.JPG (71.1 KB, 0 views)
bdot79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-02-2023, 10:40 AM   #32
bdot79
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I got it working by switching the User Group to OEM. I either missed it or it wasn't available until after I installed 1314 V4 V4.6.7. Anyway OEM User was available in 1314 v3.12 and I was able to program everything I needed to get the controller working with my 03 txt. Thanks for gathering all the info to get this controller able to be easily programed even by a noob like me.
Attached Images
File Type: png 1314User.png (33.3 KB, 0 views)
bdot79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2023, 10:45 AM   #33
augiedoggy
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdot79 View Post
I got it working by switching the User Group to OEM. I either missed it or it wasn't available until after I installed 1314 V4 V4.6.7. Anyway OEM User was available in 1314 v3.12 and I was able to program everything I needed to get the controller working with my 03 txt. Thanks for gathering all the info to get this controller able to be easily programed even by a noob like me.
Yes sorry the oem was the default setting when I installed the software so I didn't mention it but other modes will block access. As discussed earlier in the thread once you update the oem login goes away so its something they must have tightened sercurity on in the newer versions of the software. For me the 3.12v did everything I wanted without issues so I dont plan to try to update any further.
augiedoggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2023, 08:45 PM   #34
joelbert
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by augiedoggy View Post
So I might be wrong but going by memory Ithink the cheap blue cable above also used a prolific chipset but likely a different newer one, because it worked.. thats why I said YMMV and im looking forward to hearing of your results.
My experiment was complete bust. I bought two of the cheapest cables I could find from ebay with a US seller because I didn't want to wait on shipping from overseas. The cables arrived, and Windows 10 loaded a driver for them that said "not a real prolific chip" and didn't work. The vendor sent me to their website for a driver to fix it, but that would not load on windows 10. On my linux machine it looked like it loaded it and connected, but no applications would actually connect. I tried an old prolific cable, and windows 10 didn't like it either, but I found a work around with an old driver and got it working fine, but it would not work with the controller.

I realized that I was off target when I said "JTAG is a serial port. RS232 is the serial protocol standard. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RS-232" They are both serial protocol, but the voltage levels are different. The cable I was trying to use because it would make a nicer package is TTL (0-5V) voltage levels, where the one you linked is RS232 which is higher voltages. I was thinking of the TTL serial cable because that is what the Sevcon controller I have is supposed to be. The cable you linked is an FTDI chipset. I ordered one of them too, and it worked exactly as you said it would.
joelbert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2023, 09:10 AM   #35
fenderly
Not Yet Wild

I have tried using non serial connections outlined in Programming Curtis Controller thread but haven't been able to get it to talk with my controller. So I thought I'd give this a try. Will the serial connection work with an 2021 EZGO Express S4 Elite w/ Samsung SDI? I have the following AC controller.

Express S4 ADVB
Software: 10013859G01
SVC Controller: 10012698G01

Model: 1206AC-5250
Voltage: 48v
Current: 235A
Code: 21106P

Any help is appreciated.
fenderly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2023, 10:13 AM   #36
TheCartBoy
WARRANTY VOID

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenderly View Post
I have tried using non serial connections outlined in Programming Curtis Controller thread but haven't been able to get it to talk with my controller. So I thought I'd give this a try. Will the serial connection work with an 2021 EZGO Express S4 Elite w/ Samsung SDI? I have the following AC controller.

Express S4 ADVB

Any help is appreciated.
Go here, same controller:
https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=189832
TheCartBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2023, 10:19 AM   #37
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenderly View Post

Express S4 ADVB

Any help is appreciated.
I don’t think the newer software will work with the older style cable but the newer FTDI based cable will work with your controller. Is that the cable that you can’t make work?
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2023, 11:04 AM   #38
fenderly
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgsc View Post
I don’t think the newer software will work with the older style cable but the newer FTDI based cable will work with your controller. Is that the cable that you can’t make work?
Yep, I tried a diy FTDI cable and couldn't get it to communicate with the cart.

This is the cable I purchased on Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...e?ie=UTF8&th=1
Old 10-02-2023, 11:12 AM   #39
fenderly
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCartBoy View Post
Thanks. I should have mentioned I also reached out to FastRXV to purchase their tuner since I couldn't get my cable to work. Unfortunately, their tuner wasn't compatible with the Express S4 Elite just RXV. I'm assuming if I can get the cable to work the parameters would likely be different than an RXV.
Old 10-02-2023, 11:21 AM   #40
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Mine is a genuine fdti 3.3 volt cable. TTL-232R-3V3. Not sure if that is your issue but could be. In the programming thread there was a couple of files that you could download and use to program the cable. Once that is done you need to put the correct SAL and IAL parameters in the registry. I have attached images of the cable end so you can validate where the wires go.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg IMG_0058.jpeg (90.8 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0095.jpg (89.6 KB, 0 views)
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Extreme DC!