lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts
Lifted Golf Carts Off-Road Golf Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-16-2023, 12:50 PM   #1
IndyNick
Not Yet Wild

Default Navitas AWD frames

Anyone tried one of these bad boys? 2 of the AC conversion packages with a lift kit already installed. Little pricey. Looks to be about 8k. Then you just pick the body rims and batteries.
IndyNick is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-26-2023, 10:39 AM   #2
TripleToe
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Navitas AWD frames

Yep, I bought one a month or so ago. Mine has the Navitas Storm body kit on it along with a bunch of other upgrades. The thing is a beast. The torque is absurd, along with the whistling of the dual motors once you get up to speed. It sounds like a tank rolling down the street (brings a smile to my face just thinking about it). The motors are linked together using a CAN network and you operate the settings from your phone (just like a normal Navitas) but in this case there are 2x controllers listed in the app. Most settings are synced between the main ("leader") and the secondary ("follower") controller, but some of them you have to manually enter from one to the other. The best part is that the chassis comes with fully independent front & rear suspension and all-wheel disc brakes. I was always struggling to get a smooth ride from my old cart's solid axles and could never get it perfect. This thing rides super smooth. I'm loving it.
TripleToe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2023, 12:01 PM   #3
Alex32388
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleToe View Post
Yep, I bought one a month or so ago. Mine has the Navitas Storm body kit on it along with a bunch of other upgrades. The thing is a beast. The torque is absurd, along with the whistling of the dual motors once you get up to speed. It sounds like a tank rolling down the street (brings a smile to my face just thinking about it). The motors are linked together using a CAN network and you operate the settings from your phone (just like a normal Navitas) but in this case there are 2x controllers listed in the app. Most settings are synced between the main ("leader") and the secondary ("follower") controller, but some of them you have to manually enter from one to the other. The best part is that the chassis comes with fully independent front & rear suspension and all-wheel disc brakes. I was always struggling to get a smooth ride from my old cart's solid axles and could never get it perfect. This thing rides super smooth. I'm loving it.
Cart looks great! Does it have a lift kit installed at all or does the AWD frame come like this?
Alex32388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2023, 06:34 PM   #4
TripleToe
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex32388 View Post
Cart looks great! Does it have a lift kit installed at all or does the AWD frame come like this?
As far I can tell, the chassis comes from Navitas (I think they call it a 'rolling-chassis') already lifted and then the builder adds a body, custom wheels, battery, etc. I found a FB post back when the builder was considering creating a 4x4 and they showed a few chassis shots (see below): it appears that the 4WD Navitas chassis comes already lifted with independent suspension and disc brakes all around.

Golf Carting Magazine put out an article about this setup earlier this year. I think it was referring to this particular cart being sold out of Georgia. After some searching, I found a few other versions that appear to be built on this new chassis. You can see some use the Navitas Storm body kit while others go with the Navitas Phoenix kit like this one and this one.

There
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0735.jpg (139.2 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0736.jpg (150.4 KB, 0 views)
TripleToe is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts