lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-17-2023, 12:10 PM   #1
Fairway1
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Default 2018 CC Precedent Throttle Linkage

I just picked up a 2018 CC Precedent and it would only run about 8-10mph. So I found a video on Youtube that showed how to adjust the cable under the pedal area which definitely helped. It appears the cable is stretched to its max or I am missing an adjustment in the rear. Also can anyone tell me what is squeaking in the video attached? Well can't upload the video from my iphone as it's not the correct format. The gas pedal has a squeak when pressing it, almost like its rubbing somewhere.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_3946.jpg (219.6 KB, 0 views)
Fairway1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-17-2023, 07:08 PM   #2
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

Default Re: 2018 CC Precedent Throttle Linkage

Someone has the governor setup majorly out of whack. That cable should not be adjusted except in cases where the cable is being replaced, or when the pedal assembly has been removed/replaced.

Squeaking if its coming from the actual pedal is worn out pedal bushings, and on the later ones you can replace those, but it's kind of a bear to do. It could also be that the parking brake latch is jammed, that could be sprayed with penetrating oil or lithium grease and see if the noise persists.
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2023, 01:08 PM   #3
Fairway1
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairtax4me View Post
Someone has the governor setup majorly out of whack. That cable should not be adjusted except in cases where the cable is being replaced, or when the pedal assembly has been removed/replaced.

Squeaking if its coming from the actual pedal is worn out pedal bushings, and on the later ones you can replace those, but it's kind of a bear to do. It could also be that the parking brake latch is jammed, that could be sprayed with penetrating oil or lithium grease and see if the noise persists.
Thanks, I will take a picture from the back where the governor is and post it to see what you can tell me as far as it being out of adjustment.
Old 05-19-2023, 11:14 AM   #4
Fairway1
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairtax4me View Post

Well figured out what the squeaking was. Throttle cable broke where it goes in to the pedal assembly. Squeaking stopped and had to pull the cable to get it home. 🤣
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_3979.jpg (185.4 KB, 0 views)
Old 05-19-2023, 03:16 PM   #5
T12Fire
Not Yet Wild

When you replace the pedal assy make sure you replace the acc cable also.
This is a known problem with the plastic pin on the pedal assy.
T12Fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2023, 03:43 PM   #6
T12Fire
Not Yet Wild

As far as your governor adjustment, at the back of the car where the acc cable hooks to. You will see a pin sticking up from the transaxle and a metal bracket on it. The factory setting for the gov is loosen the bolt on the bracket and turn the pin and the bracket counter clockwise all the way and then retighten the bolt on the bracket while holding the pin and bracket fully counterclockwise. That is the factory pre set.
T12Fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2023, 10:44 AM   #7
Fairway1
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Just an update for others that might have this problem. I ended up replacing the break lock mechanism on the throttle pedal after breaking the nub off that holds the cable. That was the cause of my squeaking not the whole assembly. Part was very reasonably priced. I also ordered the high speed cable and replaced that as well. I am getting 17mph out of it with the cable set as it is in the pictures. What other adjustments can I make to improve speed? I would like to be around 22-24 but also don’t want to ruin the motor by pushing it to far.

I would also like to give a BIG shout out to Dave at Revolution Golf Cars LLC for the excellent help and direction on fixing my cart as well as getting the parts delivered in a very timely manner. I would highly recommend checking him out for parts.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_4068.jpg (255.2 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_4069.jpg (204.8 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_4070.jpg (199.3 KB, 0 views)
Old 05-31-2023, 08:24 AM   #8
Fairway1
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Any suggestions on adjusting the throttle cable or governor to get more speed. You can see in my previous post where I have the throttle cable adjusted at this time but only getting 17mph. Was hoping for about 22-24 without hurting the motor if that is doable.
Old 07-25-2023, 03:54 PM   #9
Lickity-Split
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

In the center picture of your post #7 above appears to show about 3/4 inch of threaded housing showing where the cable comes out of it toward the gas pedal. On mine there was only about a half inch of the threaded piece showing and I was getting 22-23 mph out of it. But the low speed was not accelerating smoothly from a stop. It seems that small adjustments there can make big differences in the cart's operation. Trial & error there may pay off for you.
Lickity-Split is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
clubcar, precedent
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car