lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-08-2008, 02:35 PM   #1
Peter
Not Yet Wild

Default 1989 ezgo robins EC25 engine

Hi I'm new to this site, Hope some one can help. I have a 1989 Ezgo with a robins EC25-3pg engine. I have a few things going on. First thing is last summer some friends ran it out of gas and clogged the carb so I cleaned carb and gas tank replaced fuel filter and got going again, the next day go out to the garage and find I have gas dripping from bottom of motor which might be the clucth side seal? Second thing is the motor sounds like the piston is slapping the head or something but when at full speed the sound goes away. Reading some of the other posts it may be clucth related? I do have good compression in the cylinder. Before I got the cart I was told the piston and rings where replaced??? I don't know but is there a right and wrong way for the rings to be put in "upside down"? The Third thing is how do I check the oil pump to see if it is working? Thanks in advance Peter
Peter is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-09-2008, 01:09 PM   #2
sccowboy
It ain't gonna be easy.

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 1989 ezgo robins EC25 engine

I had the same sound and jacked the cart up so I could see the engine when it was running. I found that the muffler had shifted a little and the little pipe end was getting rubbed by the clutch. I loosened the muffler hold down clamps and eased it over a bit then tightened it back down. the clutch moves in toward the engine as rpms increase so at idle it was hitting the muffler but moved away on aceleration.
sccowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2008, 07:39 AM   #3
ruredy
Born Wild

I would block off the oil pump and run mixed gas if I were you.
ruredy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2008, 05:07 PM   #4
Peter
Not Yet Wild

Ok so I took motor out tore it down found 2 out of 3 crank bearnings bad. Im going to rebuild motor. I heard of people putting different carb on or rejetting carb to get a liitle more perfomance, what kind of carb or what size jet? What else could I do?
Peter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 03:04 PM   #5
dune
Not Yet Wild

Anyone know where I can get case covers for the ec 25 3 pg? Thanks. doreycd@hotmail.com
dune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 05:27 PM   #6
bustin-bs
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

if you have it apart take into consideration removing the oil pump (block it off) pre-mix your fuel and look into shaving the head..
bustin-bs is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO