lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-05-2012, 11:04 AM   #11
Dave Box
Respect the Cart

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 4 stroke motor for 1990 EZGO

Hey Redskin, there should be a gasket between the cylinder and the exhaust pipe and also one between the exhaust pipe and the muffler. If you reused the old ones after your rebuild then I think I know why it is too loud.

With regard to the governor I just removed mine at the connection to the throttle. On your cart the governor is actuated at the back axle so follow that cable to the throttle. That said you might just find the cart is actually going as fast as it can. Most guys like myself, Brew City et. al. are boasting 20 +mph primarily as a result of using 22 inch tires.

Dave
Dave Box is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-21-2012, 03:28 PM   #12
Redskin13
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 4 stroke motor for 1990 EZGO

Thanks dave for the info.
Redskin13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 08:16 PM   #13
devast8ing
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Thumbs up Re: 4 stroke motor for 1990 EZGO

Redskin, I did the conversion on my 92 ezgo that you are interested in doing. I was lucky enough to find someone selling a 4 stroke motor with the rear axle and cradle for $500 in the parts section of this forum. Shipping was not cheap and I had to replace the rear clutch but I don't regret doing it at all. It's like having a totally different cart, it flies uphill now. Be patient and keep an eye on the parts section and something will come available sooner or later.
devast8ing is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO