lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-19-2013, 12:14 PM   #1
Price_l
Not Yet Wild

Default ezgo nogo

So I was out on the cart the other day and started to smell a electrical burning smell. I cut the cart off and pushed her back to the house. Now everytime I cut the key on the solenoid clicks. The golf cart wont move. Any ideas? Ive yet to do any troubleshooting yet so bare with me.

Little background on the cart. It is a TXT all stock. Batteries are a few years old. I recently installed lift, tires/rims and back seat. I assumed the stock electronics wouldn't last long.
Im okay with upgrading. Ive been looking at the spm484 and spm485 packages that scottyb offers. Will I need the 200amp solenoid or the 400 amp? Also ive got 2gauge wires on my batteries but stock 6gauge through out the rest of the cart. So im guessing I need to go ahead and upgrade them also. Im on a little bit of a tight budget so I only want to upgrade the necessities right now. Thanks for the input.
Price_l is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-19-2013, 12:30 PM   #2
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

Default Re: ezgo nogo

Price, yep, its upgrade time. I too have a TXT, it WAS stock before. I got everything from Scotty...I was thinking at the time I might want to go 48V but my budget didn't go that big....BUT everything I got from Scotty is 48V compatable when its time.

as you can see the spec's of my cart in my sig....but I went with the SPM 485. and to do it right, YES you need the HD Solenoid but if you get the SPN485 pkg, you get the HD Solenoid as part of that......but you really need a HD F/R switch as well....and ALL your cables at 2 ga.
Sir Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 12:32 PM   #3
Price_l
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for the fast reply sir nuke. Did you get the whole f/r switch or just the hd cam upgrade?
Old 06-19-2013, 12:46 PM   #4
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Price_l View Post
Thanks for the fast reply sir nuke. Did you get the whole f/r switch or just the hd cam upgrade?
I bought the whole thing.....I didn't want a WEAK LINK, seeing as I was upgrading EVERYTHING.

and I too have a lift and 23" tires as you can see.......now remember, seeing as how you have a series cart (TXT) your cart won't be any faster, but you will have more torque.....that is unless you upgrade to 48V or get a high speed motor. if you upgrade to 48V you will get about a 30% increase in speed and torque above what you would get with 36v.
Old 06-19-2013, 01:03 PM   #5
Price_l
Not Yet Wild

Oh okay. I had read that I wouldn't get anymore speed but I'm fine with that. I may upgrade to 48 later on down the road. Maybe when my batteries finally crap out. Was your install basically plug and play? Did you run into any prob during the install?
Old 06-19-2013, 03:57 PM   #6
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Price_l View Post
Oh okay. I had read that I wouldn't get anymore speed but I'm fine with that. I may upgrade to 48 later on down the road. Maybe when my batteries finally crap out. Was your install basically plug and play? Did you run into any prob during the install?
I had no issues at all. Scotty gives you very good, easy to follow instructions and diagrams.

if you get a SMP485 Pkgs, and the HD F/R and complete your cable set, you will be set for your upgrade to 48V down the road as its all compatible with 48V......the ONLY thing you would need to change would be to get the bigger resister to on top of the solenoid......and that is only a couple bucks. other than your new batteries and the 48V charger.
Old 06-19-2013, 07:48 PM   #7
Price_l
Not Yet Wild

Thanks. I went ahead and called Scotty today and ordered the SPM484 package. He said for my demands and budget it would work out perfect. I also got the complete hd f/r switch. Hopefully they'll be here by sat. Can't wait. Thanks for all the input.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO