lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-10-2014, 10:15 PM   #21
biminibrad
Getting Wild

Default Re: Surging and discharge??

It is still plugged in, will disconnect, the surging can occur from 1 mph to 20. I have read it is normal to get a spark, I take the consensus is that it is not. So if I disconnect he harness to obc and get no spark, that issue is solved, if I still get a park I still have a draw? Thanks
biminibrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-10-2014, 10:40 PM   #22
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

The resistor on top of the solenoid should limit the current that flows into the controller to charge the capacitors, it should not be a big spark.

So when the problem happens at 15+mph, how much does it slows down to if don't take your foot off the pedal?
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2014, 10:58 PM   #23
biminibrad
Getting Wild

Probably 5 mph
Old 11-10-2014, 11:10 PM   #24
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

You may want to bypass the half speed reverse, if the MCOR failed, the speed should go to zero as there would not be any throttle signal.

Look at microswitch #3, connect the green and the white wires together.

club_car_ds_with_mcor.jpg
Old 11-11-2014, 09:14 AM   #25
biminibrad
Getting Wild

Ok, so it looks like those micromswitches are in the forward/reverse housing correct?
Old 11-11-2014, 09:41 AM   #26
CCFanatic
DS Drivers Club Founder

Club Car

Lift the seat and look on the backside of the body where the F-R switch is. You will see the backside of the switch. The three MSs are on the outside of the back of the housing
CCFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2014, 09:57 AM   #27
biminibrad
Getting Wild

Thank you, it will two weeks before I am back over there. Is your opinion a mcor either works or it does not? I can't get any parts there so I have to plan ahead before I go over. Do,I disconnect the obc harness at the obc itself or does it plug into the controller? Thanks again
Old 11-11-2014, 10:06 AM   #28
CCFanatic
DS Drivers Club Founder

Club Car

Usually surging is a sure sign of an MCOR failure. It is usually one of the "works or doesn't" parts. As for the OBC question, I can't comment on that. Someone will come along and answer that for you
CCFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2014, 10:48 AM   #29
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

It depends what you mean by "works or does not work"... it can have intermittent failures, but the symptoms don't match your description.

The MCOR has a resistance track that a wiper arm glides on as you press the pedal.

The wiper arm contacts the resistance track by way of a metal pressure contact (look at the stickies for one about the MCOR with internal pics, lots of good info there).

If the resistance track is broken, MCOR is dead and the cart will not move.

If you have oxidation on the track, You may temporarily lose signal as the contacts glide over the bad spot. You can often turn the key off and press the pedal up and down several times and try to "blast off" the oxidation.
The symptom though, is that the cart goes dead on that spot and then back to normal speed after you pass it.

I have seen other pics where the wiper arm itself gets "torqued" and it sometimes does not make contact with the resistance track as the axle turns inside the MCOR and moves the contact away from the track.
Again, the symptom should be no throttle signal and the cart would stop during that event.

I have never heard of the MCOR randomly changing resistance and causing the cart to slow down to an specific speed as You described.

My best guess would be the microswitch #3 is intermittently adding and removing the half speed resistor into the circuit.
If the switch were to interrupt the +5v to the MCOR entirely, the cart would stop.

As far as the OBC, unplug the 6pin connector from the OBC to the harness.

You should have already run a separate negative wire to the solenoid to replace the Yellow wire that use to come from the OBC.

It is hard to troubleshoot something when you are not there, so perhaps You should take a new MCOR just in case your recollection of the symptoms is not 100% accurate.
Old 11-11-2014, 01:44 PM   #30
biminibrad
Getting Wild

Thank you, when I disconnected the obc, I am almost positive I cut the negative and took it to battery post from receptacle charge port, never did anything with solenoid, I know that for sure. It is in a hi salt air environment, so perhaps I should clean up the micro contacts. I presume the mcor can not be disassembled and cleaned. I am trying to get this cart up and running normal again so I can sell it. We probably have 100 carts there and at least half don not run. I am shipping a Polaris ranger crew to replace it.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car