lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-19-2014, 09:28 AM   #1
Expat
Not Yet Wild

Default Ignitor Question

Gas Pros,

The Cart is a Gas, EZ-GO, TXT with Lights, year 2000.

Is the Igniter either good or bad? Can you have good spark on both plugs but the timing is off? I don't know enough about the igniter to understand it completely. Is there a timing circuit inside the igniter that causes the inputs from the pulsar to advance or retard the negative output to the coil? Or does it just sense the pulsar input and send out a low? Schematics for the internals would be awesome!

Another question on the same subject - the wiring diagram shows the positive side of the coil connected to the red wire and the negative side of the coil to the white wire. These two wires (red & white) are switched on the plastic 4-connector plug near the igniter. So really the red wire from the coil is connected to the white low output from the igniter and the white wire from the coil is connected to the red wire at the 4-prong connector that gets tied into the switched +12V on the solenoid input. Am I right that this is either an error in the documentation or a manufacturing error on the 4-prong connectors?

The cart has no low-end torque and I’m trying to rule out all possibilities. I’m going to make another post on the carb issues I’m having as well.

Thanks for any help
Expat is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Tags
igniter, ignitor
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO