lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-06-2009, 08:02 PM   #1
madd matt
Taters...

E-Z-GO

Question Brake light check...

Okay, I have a 99 workhorse and the tail lights did not work. After a little searching I found that the previous owner cut the wire coming right off of the brake pedal. So I ran new wires to the fuse box. Now the running lights work but no brake lights when I hit the brake pedal. Any one have any ideas that could help me in my quest to get the red back.
madd matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-07-2009, 10:32 AM   #2
ruredy
Born Wild

Default Re: Brake light check...

Those micro switches on the pedal tend to go bad, it's a very poor setup IMO. Did you test the switch to make sure it's working properly?(if it's working make sure it's getting power at the pedal) could be someone has messed up or changed the wiring on the lights to the rear trying to fix it, you can find the wire diagram in the tech manual. It's a very simple, color coded wiring system.
ruredy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 11:07 AM   #3
madd matt
Taters...

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Brake light check...

I did test it out and there was power to it. I had a friend who is more in the know about wiring take a look and he was stumped. I will look for the wiring diagram and see if I can't figure it out from there.
madd matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO