lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-29-2017, 05:26 PM   #11
mikeasis
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: Yamaha G1 project with questions.

Had the old gal out for her maiden voyage. Waiting on the wheel spacers hoping 1 inch will do the trick. Need to recover the seat and maybe some paint...or just the patina
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20170329_182251.jpg (143.2 KB, 0 views)
mikeasis is online now   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-29-2017, 09:41 PM   #12
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

Yes oil tank does hook to diff, that is so it never pukes oil on a golf course. Grass has a real thing about oil and GC people get really mad when their grass turns brown. Some people have put the old carb jets in the new carb and it ran better.

Looking good! Glad to see you got it rolling.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2017, 07:56 AM   #13
mikeasis
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by sho305 View Post
Yes oil tank does hook to diff, that is so it never pukes oil on a golf course. Grass has a real thing about oil and GC people get really mad when their grass turns brown. Some people have put the old carb jets in the new carb and it ran better.

Looking good! Glad to see you got it rolling.
you mean using the jets from the original carb in the new ebay one? probably not a bad Idea.

It seems to start and run pretty good, getting some heat under our butts after some riding but theres no seats yet either.
Old 04-01-2017, 02:15 PM   #14
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeasis View Post
you mean using the jets from the original carb in the new ebay one? probably not a bad Idea.

It seems to start and run pretty good, getting some heat under our butts after some riding but theres no seats yet either.
Yes many people said this worked better on their carts. I think some G1 had different jetting or the ebay carbs do. More people said it helped than people who said it didn't. Of course the big problem is these carts get old and do not get taken care of, you have to make sure other issues like crank seals are not messing it up before you mess with jetting. Just the same you can also check the size of the jets and see if they are different, the stock size should be best unless the new carb actually has a different internal diameter.
Old 04-01-2017, 04:16 PM   #15
mikeasis
Gone Wild
Yamaha

So far shes running great. I started the fuel mixture at like 70:1 as I was afraid to run this old engine lean and damage it. After some running around I checked the plug and tried more oil. After some experimenting I settled on 50:1. I'm running rec fuel and VP synthetic oil mix, have very little to no smoke and the plug looks a nice tan color.

the 25 inch tires may be a bit much, I added 1 inch spacers(ill probably go 2) I had to remove the front bumper to keep from rubbing and had to massage the frame behind them. Been a fun project.
Old 04-01-2017, 04:33 PM   #16
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

Stock G1 uses 100:1 and hardly ever smokes, should not need much oil unless you run it hard you could use a little more. Ah yes, carts are so much fun if you have a place to run one. That is why most of us are here.
Old 03-10-2018, 05:49 PM   #17
mikeasis
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Coming along slowly but getting there. not sure why the images flipped on here. thought id do updates on this post as it has pics of the cart when i got it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1649.jpg (183.8 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1650.jpg (99.8 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1647.jpg (125.3 KB, 0 views)
Old 03-10-2018, 05:53 PM   #18
mikeasis
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Here's pics of the home made lift. Note: i did not make this lift it was on the cart when i got it. I'm just not sure on how to correct it. Both camber and toe issues. Again my pics flipped?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1651.jpg (151.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1652.jpg (149.8 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1653.jpg (148.2 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1654.jpg (152.3 KB, 0 views)
Old 03-10-2018, 08:38 PM   #19
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

Home made is right. For toe you should be able to adjust your whole tie rod setup there, the one across should not be there I assume they added it to stabilize or something. That one would control toe very well, but you have to mess with them so they don't bind against each other the way they have them. It should not work well like that, but if it works leave it lol. Technically you should only use one rod to the box if you have spindles connected together across like that....but I'm not sure what would work best because you should not use a link across with arm suspensions that gives you bump steer in form of toe.

To change camber you pretty much have to change the height of the shock mounts or change the arm mounts. Its usually easier to move shocks. This is the way of one arm setups. Or you can cut the spindle most of the way off leaving the top or bottom, bend it, re weld it. That is how I did my lift I cut the bottom up to top, bent it way out, welded gussets into it, because my arms are mounted high and angle down. Its not the best but back in the 90s when I did it, hey it worked. But I have G9 stamped arms not the earlier tubular ones like that. Still it could be done and that does not change ride height....but moving shocks is easier. You also want to do that with weight on the cart as would be in operation (people type weight).
Old 03-10-2018, 10:02 PM   #20
mikeasis
Gone Wild
Yamaha

when i got it there was only one tie rod but the steering was all over the place so i added the other tie rod. I think both tie rods are screwed all the way in. i know the one i added is. I didn't think to remove the cross shaft and it will bind a bit if turned tightly. after looking i think i can move the shocks up about an inch if needed to adjust out that camber.

i was going to get a jakes 6 inch lift and remove this mess but after looking they welded up the holes after sticking in the block for the lift. i do have a complete front stock suspension setup for parts. i dunno maybe i should remove this mess and clean the welded holes with a grinder and see if i can redrill the holes.

any idea what the heck is going on with my photo up loads? I'm using my i phone 5 and have never had this issue.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha