lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-20-2018, 07:51 AM   #11
Skink
Getting Wild

Default Re: So I just lifted my club car....

Thank you for the kind words PCC! My kids are 12,8 and 4, we live in a community where carts are legal to drive on some of the roads, so we are stoked to be able to use it instead of the car.

So, this am was the first time I've been able to do much research and I'm leaning towards a 420 swap. Parts seem to be readily availible from Vegas to do the swap and it seems to be reasonable. Watching a few videos now on a swap.

My cart:

Motor turns over just fine, just knocks big time!
Yes, both clutches and belt is new.
Yes, I can clear off my junk and place the engine on my work bench.

I think I'm leaning towards a swap instead of replacing to be honest.

Cart is in good shape, I've repainted it, and gone over it to clear up the last guys bubble gum fixes.
Skink is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-20-2018, 08:11 AM   #12
Skink
Getting Wild

Before

After(waiting on front shocks)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 01-20-2018, 08:12 AM   #13
ProjectClubCar
Gone Broke

Club Car

Post a couple of pics of the cart you purchased, so we can see what you got...

One other piece of advice, if this is your first cart, be careful there comes and addiction to fixing up your own cart. The addiction sneaks up on you and before you know it your knee deep into your cart with all these accessories.....
It starts out with the lift, oh yeah now you need wheels and tires to go with that lift, well I got the wheels and tires looking good, I better drop a motor in there well I got the motor in there I guess I need 2 clutches to go with it and the belt, drives good now maybe a new rear seat, oh yeah you need new gauges for the new motor you put in for got that, you need a bumpin stereo, oh yeah now you got the tunes, now you need a set of disco lights underneath the cart.
Don't forget about the custom steering wheel, oh yeah you'll need a light system for left and right turn signals probably LED....

Oh yeah I forgot the part about lying to your wife about what the parts cost..
I told my wife that it was her cart, and she started helping me get the parts that I needed LOL.....

See where I'm going with this?

My name is PCC, It has been 2 weeks 3 days and 8 hours since I made a purchase for my cart.....
ProjectClubCar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2018, 08:16 AM   #14
ProjectClubCar
Gone Broke

Club Car

Great looking cart,
It looks like you're there,
Family is going to love that....
ProjectClubCar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2018, 08:23 AM   #15
lockman1
What the ....?

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProjectClubCar View Post
...One other piece of advice, if this is your first cart, be careful there comes and addiction to fixing up your own cart. The addiction sneaks up on you and before you know it your knee deep into your cart with all these accessories.....
It starts out with the lift, oh yeah now you need wheels and tires to go with that lift, well I got the wheels and tires looking good, I better drop a motor in there well I got the motor in there I guess I need 2 clutches to go with it and the belt, drives good now maybe a new rear seat, oh yeah you need new gauges for the new motor you put in for got that, you need a bumpin stereo, oh yeah now you got the tunes, now you need a set of disco lights underneath the cart.
Don't forget about the custom steering wheel, oh yeah you'll need a light system for left and right turn signals probably LED....

I told my wife that it was her cart, and she started helping me get the parts that I needed LOL.....

(SOooo TRUE!)
lockman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2018, 06:06 PM   #16
Skink
Getting Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProjectClubCar View Post
Post a couple of pics of the cart you purchased, so we can see what you got...

One other piece of advice, if this is your first cart, be careful there comes and addiction to fixing up your own cart. The addiction sneaks up on you and before you know it your knee deep into your cart with all these accessories.....

My name is PCC, It has been 2 weeks 3 days and 8 hours since I made a purchase for my cart.....
LOL!!! Awesome!

I may pass on the disco ball/lights...

How about led lights and a General Lee horn?
Old 01-20-2018, 08:44 PM   #17
Bajrang
Getting Wild

Mixed Breed

This may be mentioned already, but I would use a long screwdriver with my ear pressed to the butt of the handle to find the source of knocks. Just keep moving the tip around (long screwdriver because it removes you a little more from other motor sounds) until you find it. Worked on Pan Heads, Indians and a Norton.
Bajrang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2018, 06:37 AM   #18
Skink
Getting Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bajrang View Post
This may be mentioned already, but I would use a long screwdriver with my ear pressed to the butt of the handle to find the source of knocks. Just keep moving the tip around (long screwdriver because it removes you a little more from other motor sounds) until you find it. Worked on Pan Heads, Indians and a Norton.
Thank you!

I did pull it last night though, the plan is to open that sucker up and see what happened...
Old 01-21-2018, 09:01 AM   #19
BearsFan315
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bajrang View Post
that is a great Ole Timers Trick

how we FIND the tick, tock, or knock in an antique

or spend the money and get a Mechanic's Stethoscope
BearsFan315 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2018, 09:40 AM   #20
Skink
Getting Wild

So instead of the decarboning it first, I tore the golf cart apart last night and pulled the engine. After pulling to head there appears to be a lot of carbon in the engine, what do you guys think? Is it enough for the knock?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car